

The fun for me began on Friday when I attended the annual scrapbooking convention with a few of my NICU girls. It was such a great morning, but such a tease seeing these ladies I love so much for only a few hours. Being the obsessive compulsive nurse-types, we were all extremely efficient with our time and resources. It was a very good day for me. Now if I could only find my creativity again so I can play with all my new crafty items!

Josh and I drove straight to Austin to meet Granee for the big hand off. This was Chris and my first time away from Josh (yes, I know that is pathetic) so it was tough to watch him drive off ( well, Granee was actually doing the driving, but you get the point). I must admit, I did cry for a bit when Josh waved and said, "Bye! I love you, Mommy." Oh, so sweet.

From the report I received, Granee had as good a time as Josh. They went to the Wimberley Market Days and scored this awesome race car for Josh. Seriously, how cute is that? I'm not all about the Nascar racing, but I'd even want one of these cute cars. They fed the ducks in the river, had a big pancake breakfast, drank chocolate milk, and jammed on their guitars. The one thing he didn't do a whole lot of is sleep, poor Gayle!
Chris and I had a very relaxing and fun time in Austin. It's no secret we love that city. What's not to love, especially when your staying at the fancy Four Seasons on Town Lake? I love fancy hotels because they have things like cold minty towels & Gatorade at the gym, cozy robes, yummy soaps, and room service fit for a prince (or princess).

Because I love the rare and fancy hotel stay, I pretty much insisted we hang out at the hotel all weekend. However, I did my wifely duty and attended the Texas Supreme Court reunion with Chris on Saturday morning. Basically, it was a room filled with about 150 judges and attorneys telling inappropriate and funny stories about one another. Sounds like a set up for a joke, doesn't it? It was fun, but I survived the morning by partaking in some serious under the table (literally) texting and Facebooking on my cell.
After the reunion, we walked around campus which was quite nostalgic and made me feel all giddy inside. As a result of the happy UT feelings, we dropped some serious coinage at the co-op in support of our alma mater. The rest of the day was devoted to relaxing by the hotel pool and enjoying the countless flavors of margaritas on the menu. Oopsy. Saturday night we hit the town like a bunch of 20-somethings (not really) and had a nice evening. Sunday morning we woke up way too early and went for a run around Town Lake, then decided to undo all the hard cardio work with some Kirby Lane for breakfast. A bit anti-productive, but very yummy. I was sooo ready to see Josh by the time Sunday came around. Of course, he was indifferent to seeing us when we arrived in Wimberley, but I guess that is a good sign.
Josh and I will now return to our swim-sleep-repeat routine for the rest of the summer. Good times!
4 comments:
Looks like you had a great time! You look beautiful too A!! And if it makes you feel any better- Mike and I have never spent a night away from Collin yet either! Glad you were able to enjoy yourself. :) I love Austin too!! And Wimberley for that matter!
Yay! I'm so glad y'all had a nice time in Austin. Was it nice enough that the Brown family would consider having an Austin address again soon?? One can dream. Good job cutting the cord, too--looks like Josh had a blast. Your Co-Op trip reminds me that I need to do the same! Hook 'em!
Scrantonicity is my favorite band!
Good for Gayle for looking after our Boy! You all look healthy and happy.....keep it up.
from Edinburgh, Scotland....
Mom and Dad
Post a Comment