Saturday, May 30, 2009

One week down.


Well, somehow we managed to survive the first week of summer. Five days at the beach with his favorite girls sets a pretty high expectation for the rest of the summer. I have been trying desperately to keep us busy and as you will see I am doing a darn good job.

Tuesday and Wednesday are still a blur to me as we were still in post-vacation coma. But, once Thursday rolled around, the adventures began! We woke up early and went on a long run with the dogs. As I was wrangling the two dogs and the two year old, somehow mommy got locked out of the house with Josh and Murphy inside and me and Jackson stuck in the garage. Awesome. He is all about locking me out of things lately, I think I am going to start taking it personally! Josh would still be stuck in the bathroom at the beach condo if it weren't for a highly skilled negotiator who talked him down. After I found my way inside, we loaded up and headed to our neighborhood pool for our first summer visit.
Josh was super excited to see that his "preschool girlfriend," Molly was already at the pool waiting for him. They had a great time splashing and screaming at each other. Then, the moment I dreaded. Josh saw the giant water slide. He must have moved with lightening speed from the baby pool to the top of the slide because, as I am still standing on the side of the pool, I realize he has already cut in front of 5 big girls in line (very gentleman-like) and was headed down the slide head first. Crap! My mama-bear instinct set in as I performed a (probably not so beautiful) Baywatch- style dive into the pool and caught him just as he resurfaced the water. Needless to say, he (and I) were happy to be in the baby pool the rest of the afternoon.
On Friday, we headed to the Owen's Farm with a bunch of friends from school. There were goats, so Josh was happy. We got to take a hay ride, eat ice cream, pet some overly friendly pigs, gobble at the turkeys, and of course, spend some quality time with the goats. It was a good day for Josh.
I think I can survive this summer with this little man by my side.
We were lucky to see a beautiful Longhorn at the farm and I couldn't pass up the photo opportunity. However, at the last minute he turned and his giant arse held a prominent spot in the picture. Thank goodness for the photo crop tool!


On Saturday, we planned on spending the morning at the pool. However, we didn't get very far as we stumbled upon the Kid's Safety Carnival at our local police station. Our plans quickly changed when we saw all the cool things to see. Josh got to experience a few things I hope never to see him do again. For example, ride on a motorcycle, and...


...in the backseat of a police car.
Yes, I am the inappropriate mom that thought it would be more fun to put my kid in the BACK seat of the police car than in the front seat. My poor child.
LET ME OUT!!! I'M INNOCENT!!!

Ha! Just kidding, they didn't really lock him up. Any self- respecting kid's event must include at least one bounce house!
Way to maintain the tradition, public servants!


I was really excited to show Josh a real life Care Flight helicopter and pilot. I told him it was the kind of helicopter that would bring sick babies to mommy's work so we could help them. He looked at me like I was crazy. Go figure.

On Sunday, Chris and Josh went to a putt-putt golf course with John M. and his Daddy. Seemingly, Josh didn't really know what to do and preferred the "run wild around the course" method of playing golf. This caused Chris to work harder than he probably would have if he was in fact on a real golf course. Poor Chris, I feel your pain.

I was blessed with a few hours to myself and spent them running countless errands around town. I did happen upon a certain craft store, but walked aimlessly around for 30 minutes without even a spark of creativity. This is not a good sign for the upcoming scrapbook convention in 5 days that I have been anxiously awaiting for months. I need my creative mojo back, STAT!!!

And, I will leave you with this hilarious picture of Josh trying to make-out with an alligator. Priceless.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

looks like you all had quite a week! missing you a lot these days... can't wait to see you soon.

The Q. Family said...

ooo fun!! I love staying busy in the summer too! I can't believe he lovked you out of the house! How did you get back in?