Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day and stuff.




All I really wanted for Mother's Day was ONE good picture with Josh. I am usually the one behind the camera (which I much prefer), but this is the best we could get. Me, sweaty and gross from working out and Josh, distracted by something and about to take off running into a massive crowd. It's not a great picture, but it tells the story of our life together. I love this sweet boy so much and I am so incredibly blessed by him. Everyday he brings adventure into my little world. For example....

On Mother's Day I woke up to a big surprise. Breakfast in bed? No. Josh running in my room wishing me a "Happy Mother's Day?" Nope. The house alarm screeching in my ear, three dogs (we're pet sitting a friend's lab) jumping up out of their slumber ready to pounce, and Josh escaping out the back door to play with his new car on the patio? Indeed, that is what I woke up to on Sunday morning, at the bright and early hour of 6:30am. We got this awesome car from a neighbor and let's just say it was love at first sight. Josh and I enjoyed the sunrise together on the patio, Josh scooting around in his car, me drinking my coffee on the porch swing, and the dogs completely annoyed that they were awakened in such dramatic fashion.
The adventure continued later that afternoon when I thought the bubble machine would be a fun treat for Josh. Josh had lots of fun, but the dogs, not so much. It was hilarious. The four of them were running all over each other trying to eat the bubbles. Josh held his ground, but I believe Jackson won the battle.

Please, let me explain.
The other day, Josh and I had a playdate to attend, so I was going to dress him all nice and classy. I lost that battle and his "Life is Good" cement truck shirt won. I was okay with that, he still looked darn handsome. However, he INSISTED on wearing it backwards so he could see the smiley face logo. You have to pick your battles. This was not one I wanted to fight. So, Josh went to Target, the playdate, and the gym wearing his shirt backwards.


Our neighborhood elementary school hosted a big carnival on Friday. Josh saw the ginormous bounce slide from a mile away(literally) while we were out on a walk and he insisted we go to the "big party." It was a perfect evening for a carnival and Chris even made it in time to enjoy a little of the fun. I didn't know if Josh would be able to hang with this huge slide since you have to climb a mighty steep incline to reach the top. But, without a thought, he was up the ladder with the big kids and down the slide. He kept going, and going, and going, (even after one of his future teachers asked him to step off the slide) until finally.....



...Mommy spoiled the day and had to climb the slide to retrieve the never-ending ball of energy.






Josh loved the confetti eggs that they were passing out to all the kids. For some reason, Chris and I thought it would be a good idea to let him break them on our head. Wow. What were we thinking?




Happy Mother's Day to all those Mommies out there!

2 comments:

The Q. Family said...

Love the pictures!! You are such a good "blog author!!"

Nicole said...

Looks like a great day! Confetti eggs might need to have a permanent home in Pickles' travel bag...