Tuesday, May 19, 2009

School's out for Summer!


Tomorrow is Josh's last day of Mother's Day Out for this school year. On Monday, his sweet teachers gave us a photo album of some candid shots of Josh taken throughout the year. It brought a tear to my eye looking at my little Josh growing more and more into a little boy. These pictures have been scanned, reprinted, and then ripped up and shoved into Josh's tiny toy car's passenger seat, so please forgive me for the picture quality.

Here is Josh on the first day of school last September. He is measuring in at approximately 32 inches, maybe a little bit more if he wasn't pulling at his diaper, or whatever it is he is doing. I love the look on his face, "Ladies, I'm going to be trouble this year, you just wait."


And here he is Monday, about 37 inches. This picture looks more like a mug shot than a preschool picture, but you get the point. And yes, this would be the picture that met the wrath of Josh and his car.


I love that they included this picture in the album. The caption they wrote was " Sleeping soundly," but I think they should have written, "Proof we got your kid to sit still and sleep on a nap mat." Seriously, how they do that is beyond impressive.


Sweet praying hands. He loves thanking Jesus for his food, especially the crackers and oatmeal.

For my memories and since I have run out of room in his baby book.....

STATS:

Then (Sept. '08)- 31.5 lbs/32 inches/12 teeth

Now- 33 lbs/37 inches/ 17 teeth - almost a complete set!

FAVORITE WORDS/PHRASES:

Then- Caaaaar, Larlarlar, MaMa, DaDa

Now- "Mommy, I need... (something he shouldn't have)."

"Mommy's car is kinda dirty." Thanks, Josh.

"Mommy, what's this?" Pointing to various body parts. Life was so simple back "then."

FAVORITE FOOD:

Then- Gold Fish , Raisins, and Cheerios - preferably mixed together like toddler trail mix.

Now- Oatmeal, any cereal with Mickey Mouse on the box, Bressfass (breakfast) bars, veggie corn dogs, any kind of snack shaped like a car (there are a lot out there, surprisingly).

FAVORITE TOYS:

Then- Cars

Now- Cars


NEW TRICKS:

Then- Blowing kisses. Playing the guitar. Dancing. Learning a new word everyday.

Now- Spelling his name ( J-O-S-H-L-M-N-O-P), Singing the ABC's, counting 1-13 (omitting 5 and 11), Singing any song he hears more than once, throwing balls (finally! but, no swinging a golf club just yet).

I should include a favorite new phrase this week... " I go to beach with Katie!" We leave TOMORROW for a fun-filled trip to the beach with Katie and their parents. We are so excited and will have lots to show and tell when we get home.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Jack still looks at his book from "My Pam's" class (what he calls her to this day)...it is very well worn!

The Q. Family said...

Oh that is so sweet!! I am so sad today is the last day. :( Can you believe he officially starts PRESCHOOL in a few months?!?!! CRAZY! Have fun at the beach my friend! Can't wait to see pics!

Phil said...

Then - Cars
Now - Cars


....so funny. You left out:

Future - Cars

Nicole said...

i believe you have left kay-cakes/ pancakes off the list. he certainly does like his bressfass foods. me, i prefer carsoups carsoups carsoups.