Thursday, January 22, 2009

I've got nothing.


TANTRUM: an emotional outburst of ill humor or a fit of bad temper wherein the higher brain functions are unable to stop the emotional expression of the lower (emotional and physical) brain functions. It can be categorized by an irrational fit of crying, screaming, defiance, and a resistance to every attempt at pacification in which even physical control is lost. The person may not stand or sit on their own. Even when the "goal" of the person is met, he or she is not calmed.

Although, I love you all and am thankful for your interest in this little blog, I must say the purpose of this blog is purely selfish. I find our blog to be the perfect way to journal the funny and sweet antics of Josh that I wish to remember and cherish. I love posting pictures of Josh so those who love him can watch him grow from afar. At least once a week, I set aside some time (usually when "Mr. YouTube addict"is asleep) to choose my favorite pictures and retell my favorite stories from that week.

This week, however, things are very different for me. It has been a "terrible, horrible, no-good, very, bad" WEEK. So much so, that I haven't taken a SINGLE picture. That is right, you read correctly, not ONE picture. The one above of Josh standing on the end table is actually from 6 months ago, but it sums up the type of week and behavior I've been dealing with. So, unless you guys want to see Josh in time-out or in the midst of a very dramatic temper tantrum, you will have to settle with a google image, like this one....


Despite the blond hair (and purple skirt- I would never wear a purple skirt), it is a self-portrait. I wish I could pinpoint what is causing Josh to be so touchy this week, but alas, I can not. His "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" spectacle has been driving me crazy and I need prayer, so I'm asking for it. I know this is a phase and they all go through it, but it is still very hard to see Josh so upset and to feel myself so upset AT him, when I only want to help him. But, seriously, it is quite impressive to watch the transition. The tempter tantrums turn on like a light switch and then, just as abruptly he calms down and looks at me with his sweet, tearful eyes and says, "Murry Kickmus." Of course, all my anger melts away instantly (how cute is it that he still wishes people Murry Kickmus) and he is the little man I know again. Until Mr. Hyde returns, and the cycle starts over. This has been our week.

Anyway, sorry for a downer of a blog entry today. Hopefully, we will be back up and running next week with some funny pictures and a good story or two.

Have a great weekend!

Mine will most likely involve a bottle of wine, or two.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful description of our Alison as a young 2 yr.old! No, she was perfect. Love the text.
MeMe

Nicole said...

everybody, even my favorite mb, has to learn that life is hard. i wish i could scream on the floor sometimes, too. hang in there, al!

April said...

you are a most fabulous mommy and josh is a super cool kid...keep on keepin' on!

Little McShahan said...

Tantrums are so much fun. The "Merry Christmas" is too cute. Have fun with your vino.

NikkiT said...

As bad as it is a find myself holding in the giggles when the rages are going on. Serisouly, its so dramatic its funny. NOT!

Erin Basden said...

I think Katie and Josh teamed up and decided this would be "the week" to push our buttons. Seriously, next week has to be better!!!

The Palmer Family said...

This is the best post ever - thank you! I am picturing it all in my head. You are so amazing, and Josh is truly so lucky to have you for a mommy. I really miss seeing you and the other girls!!!

believe it or not...it's just me said...

girl, just hang in there... there are good days and bad. I am right there with ya, only the tantrums are minimal now, just not minding or ignoring is the stage sam is in. Just remember to write it down, soon (about 20 years) you will be able to laugh! :)