Friday, January 16, 2009

It's good to be two.



Hi everyone! This is Josh and now that I am two whole years old, I have learned a plethora of new talents, including blogging. It's fun being two. I have a lot of new responsibilities, some good and some bad. Here are just a few new things I am experiencing now that I am all grown up...



Mommy moved my playroom table into the kitchen and ditched my high chair. I would consider this a good change. I didn't like being strapped into a high chair, but now I am at the perfect level for Murphy and Jackson to steal my food when Mom's not looking. I'm okay with it if they want my veggies, but stay away from my crackers and chicken nuggets! Now that I sit at a big boy table to eat, I have to ask to be excused when I am all done. I simply raise both my hands in the air and scream " ALL DONE! EXCUSE?" and Mommy wipes up my messy hands and face and I am free to go play. It's working out nicely, and there is an extra seat if my lady friends pay me a visit. I guess now that I have a mouth filled (16 to be exact) with teeth I have to visit the dentist. I went for the first time yesterday and I guess I did really well since the nice dentist and nurses sent me home with a huge bag filled with toys, stickers, and toothbrushes. Mommy took me to Chick-Fil-A for lunch as a treat. I got a little scared when they put me into the crazy looking chair, but Mom sat with me and I was good after that. Mommy was quite proud of me because I think she called everyone she knows to tell them how great I did. I don't know why Mommy is so scared of the dentist, she must not get free bouncy balls when she goes.





I have also learned to "push my mom' s buttons" as she says several times a day. I thought that was what I was supposed to do since I am now two. I mean, us toddlers have to live up to the "terrible two" title we hold. Anyway, several things I do are driving my mom nuts. First of all, I have learned to con my mom into not taking me to the gym. As soon as we turn into the gym parking lot, I simply start wailing like someone is torturing me and then I get all pathetic and say, "Night Night, Night Night" over and over until I have convinced her I am sleepy and need to go home and take a nap. Of course, once we actually get home, I am fine and can play with my cars and run wild around the house. It worked nicely for about two days, but I guess the gig is up, 'cause she refused to give in yesterday.

I also have been learning to critique her drawings. She tries, people, but she is not an artist. My Uncle Phil must have received all those genes. When I ask her nicely to draw me a car, she draws me something that looks like this ...

...a turtle. I politely tell her ( in my on words) " Mommy, that is not a car, it's a turtle." She insists it's a car. I don't care what she says, that's a turtle.

Since I figured out a way to keep mom from taking me to the gym, she has been taking me for a run in my stroller. After about 10 minutes I get really bored and insist on stealing her iPod so I can listen to my play list while I ride. Meanwhile, poor Mommy has to run without her music, which I guess is very difficult for her.

Don't feel too sorry for her, folks. She has it pretty good. I am a super cute kid and I sleep through the night. I give her lots of hugs and kisses and I'm quite the comedian. She gets a break from me sometimes too.


Just the other day, I was at school and she had the entire day to listen to her iPod, draw pictures of whatever she wanted, and have complete control of the remote. She got to play with all of her arts and crafts supplies that I am not allowed to touch and she made this big mirror for my new friends, Rebekah and Joanna. She had lots of fun making it just right so it would match their nursery. I personally liked the elephants.


That same night, she got to leave me at home with Daddy while she went out with Katie, Meagan, and Thomas' mommies. They went to a fancy restaurant and talked for almost 4 hours, or until they literally turned the lights off on them and basically kicked them out.

I'm certain they talked about how wonderful me and my friends are the entire time they were there. What else would they have talked about????
I am obviously smarter and wiser now that I am two, but there are some things I don't understand. Like, yesterday, when Mommy turned on the news, I saw a plane in the water. I thought planes were for the sky and boats were supposed to be in the water. I was confused, but so was Mommy. I kept saying, " Ppplane, wader, uh-oh." Pppplane, wader, uh-oh." Mommy quickly distracted me and told me that God gave us a miracle and promised everyone was okay.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Glad the big boy table (with goggles) is going so well. I knew he could do it. And gym/nap-gate is HILARIOUS. Way to go Josh on learning to be so tricksy. Everyone around here is also very glad that pppwane-wader-uh-oh, as it will henceforth be called, turned out ok!

Anonymous said...

Goggled diner is priceless! So glad you got a night away with the girls...sounds like you all enjoyed & needed it. The frame is so cute, but I'm with Josh on the car. Turtle it is! Back to the frame, I'm sure looking forward to an updated 'Love Bug' for V-day.