Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Sillies.

Josh has been displaying signs of extreme silliness this week. He is making Chris and I laugh so much that we are starting to think we have a little performer on our hands. First of all, he has discovered my iPod. I let him listen to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and now he is obsessed with it. I understand his addiction, I love the "Pod" myself. He will sit on the couch and listen to his playlist for close to 20 minutes. For those of you who know my very active son, that is an amazingly long time for the child to be still.

For the sake of my iPod, I only let him sit and listen to it. But, one afternoon he got up to dance to "Bananaphone" and I can't stop the boy from shaking his booty. So, I tucked it into his little pants ( did you know that kid pockets are too narrow for an iPod to fit? I am sure that will change someday soon). He thought he was super bad walking and dancing to his tunes.




If you want to check out Josh making his own music, check out this video from New Year's Day.
Future rock star??


Josh also figured out a convenient way to carry all of his cars with him everywhere he goes. He loads them (ALL) into his new school bus, and he is set. He tries to take them everywhere with us (Target, the gym, on a walk, to bed, etc.). It's kind of like his man purse, only with wheels.

Speaking of Cars, Josh is a big fan. I don't know if he has actually seen the movie in its entirety, but he loves to watch little bits here and there. Josh will find a remote (any will do) and bring it to me or Chris and say, "Cars? Yeah, Okay!" over and over, until we distract him with something else or give in. He is quite the salesman.

It has been beautiful here and now that Christmas is over (boo hoo), I am okay with the nice weather. We took Katie and Josh to the park one fine day this week, and these two had so much fun! Josh really likes this sit-and-spin thingy, and when Katie climbed on he took it as an opportunity to show off his burly strength and speed. He used one of his little legs to spin the two of them so fast that poor Katie had to hang on for dear life! You should have seen her face. Of course, Erin and I were laughing and taking pictures while this was happening. No worries, Erin jumped in to save her sweet daughter.
Josh is picking up all kinds of funny phrases. I guess Chris and I have several things we say a lot, and they pop out of Josh's mouth every few days. For example, he saw some dog food spilled on the floor and he pointed to it and yelled, "OH BY GOSH! OH BY GOSH!" But, it sounds so much cuter coming from him than me. He also now says, "I wuv you," "Dude," (sometimes together), "Alll right," "Let's Go!" "Hook 'em!" and a bunch of other randomly cute things. However, my all time favorite that I get to hear several times an hour is "What's this?" He points at all kinds of things all over the place and says, " What's this?" I know it will eventually get very old, but I love it for now. It is kind of like having a little conversation with Josh. I also love to see the things that catch his eye: a piece of fuzz, a cloud, a windmill, anything and everything he wants to know about. I better start reading some more books.


I hope you all had a great New Year's celebration that will last throughout 2009! I spent a great night at work with some very special and sweet friends. Unfortunately, that meant I was away from my boys when the clock struck 12:00 (or 2400), so that was a bummer, but it was a good and safe night.

Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the "Man" is definitely a Capricorn! Love the update.
Mom