Happy 2nd Birthday Josh! I can't believe my minibaby is TWO! We had a great weekend celebrating Josh's birthday. As you can see from this smile, Josh was very thankful for the celebration. Here are just a few pictures (ha ha) ....
We went with a train theme this year in honor of the new train set he received from Santa. I made his cake again this year. Two years in a row; it is a tradition in the making. I had lots of fun the night before the party. Josh was sound asleep (actually, he was having a conversation with himself in his crib until 9:15) and my clean kitchen turned into a brightly colored and very sticky mess of icing, and so did I. I used little pictures of Josh and the kids at the party as passengers on Josh's party train.
Poor kid. I am so, so mean. While Josh was napping, I was busy decorating the house with balloons and Josh's toy trains. When he woke up, he was running back and forth from the balloons to the trains begging to play. When he saw the train going around his birthday cake, it was all over! He stood guard by the cake saying, " choochoo, birdday cake, choochoo, birdday cake" until finally the first guest arrived.
It was a small gathering of friends and family, just how Josh liked it. He had lots of fun running around and playing with his friends until it was finally time for the cake! The best part of any party, of course. He tried hard to blow out the candle, but he was doing more spitting than affective fire fighting.
Finally, it was time for cake and ice cream! After he polished off a huge piece of cake, he was still so excited that he tried to fit an entire scoop of ice cream into his mouth.
Yummm, cake is good. 
Josh's friends and family were so generous, as always. It was lots of fun watching him open the presents. Last year, he wasn't too interested, but this year he loved finding what new treasure was hiding under the paper. I love this picture, pure delight.
I found these adorable train hats online and had to get them as party favors for the kids. Lucky me, my friend, Julee just started an embroidery business and helped me personalize each hat (thenamedropper@ymail.com).
Of course, only the girls would agree to accessorize for a picture.After all the fun was over and we were settling in for a cozy night, Josh disappeared from the living room. He came back into the room saying something in Joshua-speak that included "Cho Cho! Cho Cho!" and ran out again, only to come back and insist on one of us coming to help him. Well, when we followed, we found a half-ripped open gift bag (a gift we were saving for his actual birthday the next day) and Josh pointing to the exposed gift inside. Sneaky kid! Here's a funny video featuring some of my favorite new Josh's phrases, " What's this???", "Oh by Gosh!!" and " Ohhhh WOOOOWWWW!!!"
6 comments:
it's not possible for this child to be any cuter. seriously.
loved seeing y'all this weekend! happy birdday to!
The video is superb! I had to watch it twice! Miss you guys! Happy "bird" day Joshua!
Big J
Yea! Josh!
Happy Day, my little friend!
Love the cake!
happy bird day little guy!
The cake looks awesome - you are so talented, Alison!!!
You make cakes too?!? You are some kind of talented!
Happy Birthday Josh!
love,
Ms. Stacy
Post a Comment