Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for so many things this year and I am especially thankful for all of you who spend time reading my silly stories and looking at the countless pictures of my famliy and friends. This blog has been very theraputic for me and I enjoy sharing with you!
We had a great holiday week. Josh and I started the festivites early last week when we headed to MeMe's house for a few days. It was nice having my mom all to myself for a few days and Josh enjoyed the attention he recieved from his MeMe. We did some shopping, cooking, relaxing, and we played too. I took Josh to a playground by a pool I used to frequent in high school. When I arrived, the memories came flooding back and it was quite strange to now be there watching my son. Okay, I felt really old, but it was fun. Then Josh headed into the woods on a nearby running path and he seriously ran for about a mile before he even slowed to a jogging pace.
On Wednesday, we picked Chris up from the airport and headed to see his family in Wharton. Chris' family lives on a farm with cows, goat, and many other living creatures, Josh loved it! I however, enjoyed staying inside where the bugs, frogs, and lizards were not allowed. I am such a city girl. We had a fabulous and huge Thanksgiving feast and enjoyed every bite!
Josh got to pet some of the animals. I heard he came in contact with a cow and casually said, "Hi." He is so polite.

As with any family gathering, there was lots of music! Josh had a rocking time playing Aunt Ginger's guitar. He would strum, strum, strum, wait for the sound to slowly fade away and then give himself a great applause... " Yeahhhhh!!!!"

As you can imagine, it was very realxing listening to him play the piano.
He even got to play Settlers with the big kids! Instead of asking for Sheep, he would simply say "BA BA." No, not really. But, that would have been really cute.

To top off the exciting farm-filled weekend, on our way back home we stopped by Uncle Tim's (UT) place in Aggie Land to see his new tractor. UT even took Josh on a little ride. Josh was very hesitant at first, but eventually warmed up to the idea of playing in a real life tractor.
As soon as I got home, I headed to Pete and Kacey's house to meet their new twin girls!

As with any family gathering, there was lots of music! Josh had a rocking time playing Aunt Ginger's guitar. He would strum, strum, strum, wait for the sound to slowly fade away and then give himself a great applause... " Yeahhhhh!!!!"

As you can imagine, it was very realxing listening to him play the piano.
He even got to play Settlers with the big kids! Instead of asking for Sheep, he would simply say "BA BA." No, not really. But, that would have been really cute.
To top off the exciting farm-filled weekend, on our way back home we stopped by Uncle Tim's (UT) place in Aggie Land to see his new tractor. UT even took Josh on a little ride. Josh was very hesitant at first, but eventually warmed up to the idea of playing in a real life tractor.
As soon as I got home, I headed to Pete and Kacey's house to meet their new twin girls! Welcome to the world Joanna and Rebekah!
3 comments:
I love the "UT" acronym for Tim. I'm sure he's a huge fan of it esp. after Thursday nights game.
It looks like MB had a super-fun thanksgiving! Yay!
PS. Wow-- that's some angle you got on that goat.
Really enjoyed all the Thanksgiving time with Joshua. Thank you for braving the country and for bringing your crew down south. And THANK YOU for major assisstance in the kitchen.
I'm with Nicole on the goat's end!
and guitar shot is a must have!
Post a Comment