Friday, December 5, 2008

Murrry Kissmas!

We have been extremely busy getting in the holiday spirit. Last week, we waited until the coldest night of the year and went out to buy our Christmas Tree. We brought Josh with us to get the tree, but waited until he was asleep to bring it inside. The next morning (after the initial confusion of seeing a tree inside the house), Josh said, " OH WOW! Teee! OH WOW! Teee!" Once we finally decorated the tree, he was super excited to see the ornaments and lights. The lower third of the tree consists of shatter-proof ornaments, just in case. Poor kid, it has to be so tempting to see all the fun ornaments and not be able to touch and play with them. I found a really cool helicopter ornament and we had to put it waaaayyy up high so he wouldn't pull over the tree reaching for it. Every morning he runs into the living room asking to see the "Laalarlar?"

He was running all over the tree lot. Zooming in and out of the rows of trees. This is the only picture I got of him standing still.


Aunt Pickles was in town all last week, so she was able to come along with us to pick out our perfect tree. Actually, what she really did was chase Josh around with the camera and brag about how she wasn't that cold. She is such a Yankee now. Josh loves his "Pickies" and is so sad that she is gone. He keeps walking into her room saying "Pickies?" "Pickies?" Come back, Nicole!


Josh has been having fun opening the advent calendar every evening. We usually do it after dinner. Chris reads a verse about the birth of Jesus and we open the day's box. Some days he gets a mini-ornament to put on his mini-Josh-sized-Christmas-tree and some days he gets a tiny- not appropriate for kids under 3- sized toy. On days he eats his veggies, he even gets a little chocolate treat. The first few days of December, I was more excited than he was, but now he knows good things come from this strange calendar and he is all about it!



Just for giggles and memories....
Josh has mastered the zipper. Well, only the down part, not zipping it back up. Of course, I had JUST purchased 3 new flannel PJs for him, like the one above. Now, every time he wears them he is more naked than anything else. He zips down and runs around like this no matter how many times I zip him back up! One morning, he woke up with only half his PJs on! Not exactly what I was trying to accomplish when I got him warm flannel Pjs for the cold winter nights.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

CUTE!!! Zippers are the best part of footie pajamas for sure. That boy got a hair cut--where are the curls???

Nicole said...

Ho ho HO! This child is pretty cute. Tell him Pickies will come down the chimney at Christmas to bring him presents... oh wait... that's someone else, I think.