Well, the snow came a week too early for a White Christmas, but I'll take it! It was a beautiful day yesterday and seeing the snow-topped trees made me miss Colorado so much. I remember waking up and enjoying the rare "snow day" which kept me home from school. My brother and I would bug my mom all day and make snow tunnels in the backyard. All the memories made me sure that Josh would enjoy playing in the snow, so I dressed him in 54 layers of clothes and we headed out to play.
Unfortunately, Josh doesn't share my love of the snow. He was confused, scared, cold, and mad at me for bringing him out in such conditions. He is such a Texan!!!! I'll have to toughen him up a bit before the next snow storm, I figure I'll have a few years until it happens again.
After the 3.5 minutes in the snow, we headed back to our warm home and enjoyed some homemade hot chocolate. Josh requested to wear his flannal PJs and car slippers. He raced around the house like a mad man chasing the dogs that had just come in from the snowy backyard and left snowy paw prints ALLL over my house. Okay, so maybe the snow is only good on the rare occasion.
Other than the (very) quick trip to see the snow, Josh and I stayed inside most of the day. We got a lot of projects done in preparation for all our Christmas guests. Last weekend, Chris and I rearranged Josh's playroom for the 37th time and I am FINALLY pleased with the results! The only problem was a big empty wall and nothing to put on it. Therefore, I copied an idea from The Land of Nod catolog and made these fun car, plane, train, and boat knobs and linked them with string. Now I have a place to display Josh's art work, pictures, etc. For now, all of our Christmas cards are hung so we can enjoy the faces of our beautiful family and friends! The whole thing got an " Oh WoW, COOL!" from Josh, so I think it will do nicely. Plus, it only cost about $6 dollars total to make!
One of the many things on my to-do list was to polish the silver and clean the crystal. I did most of it while Josh was napping, but he woke up as I was finishing. So, when I turned around to get back to work this is what I found. Fancy parking spot for a tracker, don't you think?

Here is my yummy recipe for hot chocolate to keep you warm tonight!
1 (8qt) box powdered milk
1 (16oz) box Nestle's Quick
1 (1lb) box of powder sugar
1 (6-8oz) jar of non-dairy creamer
1/2 cup cocoa - I use Godiva and it is oh, so good.
Mix it all together and serve 1/3 cup mix to every 1 cup of hot water.
Enjoy!
3 comments:
You guys got more snow than we did! Poor guy. I'm sure he was just upset that there wasn't ENOUGH snow. He really wanted to get into it. The best part is picturing you holding your camera (giggling slightly over the situation) taking a picture of your poor, crying child. Classic motherhood moment.
Serisssly, mom, it's cold. He needs to come to NY and we'll teach him about snowball fights (violence in the cold = fun!)
miss you! xoxo
Al, that hot chocolate is so good! Pickles had some in her apartment that i enjoyed over the holidays.
Post a Comment