Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Josh's new sleigh

Let the festivities begin!
We are in "Christmas Half-time" today. We said good-bye to Chris' family last night after spending a couple of days celebrating the holiday with them and my family are on their way here as I type! Here are a "few" pictures from our time with Chris' family.


Josh received a big tractor from Granee and Pa for Christmas. He was very scared of it at first, but after a few close inspections, he climbed aboard and now he is loving it! This picture shows his new " OH WOW!" smile that cracks me up.

Here is Josh's response to the tractor, courtesy of our new Flip video camera from Aunt Pickles:



We took the family to see a train exhibit that comes out every Christmas. We had a great time watching Josh 's reaction to the various scenes. He found a helicopter being transported by a train and he also found a few tractors in the scenery. I think his little eyes were going to pop out of his head. The entire exhibit is amazing and includes many miniature items to compliment the mini-trains, therefore, I loved it as much as Josh did.
This is my favorite scene. Josh liked it as well since it included a " tasti" ( taxi). " Oh Wow! Cool!"
This one was worthy of a double point.
Once we got home, Josh was serenaded by Uncle Tim and Pa. He loved watching them play the guitar and did his best to join along with his little ukulele.

Sunday night, Chris and I cooked up a big seafood dinner for the family. Chris boiled shrimp, crab, sausage, and veggies with his new outdoor cooker/turkey fryer and I made a family favorite, bread pudding, for dessert. It was soooo good.



The feast.
Josh opted for the fish sticks instead of fresh fish. Hummm, silly little man.


Last Christmas, Josh was too young to rip open the presents with delight. But, this year, he had a great time tearing the paper. Actually, now that I think about it, he was quite careful with the paper until he saw what was inside (cars) and then he couldn't get it open fast enough. "Here, let me help you."
This picture is so silly, Granee gave Josh a cute top with a snow plow. Well, Josh was so excited about it, he decided to strip down right there in front of everyone so we could put it on him. He is not afraid to show off that six-pack.
Fun with the Tractor.....
Uncle Tim, don't you already have a few of these to play with on the farm?

It's not just a toy, you can actually pick up stuff with this thing! Leaves, dirt, rocks, the mail.....


Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love it-- merry christmas! I think the video is tagged as private cause I can't watch it... teach me how, please...