He looks so sweet and innocent, doesn't he?
Think again.Josh's college fund is now negative $200. This evening, Josh played a fun game on mommy and locked himself (and Murphy) in my bedroom. Ha ha, funny joke, Josh. Turns out, he knows what he is doing because he used the dead bolt. Therefore, no key or screwdriver would fix this problem. You would think Josh would be freaking out and upset over being separated from his beloved mother. But, no, he was having a GREAT time dancing to the tunes on my clock radio that he had turned up full blast. He also seemed to discover a few hangers and was banging them all over the room (from what I could hear). After assessing all of the locked windows and asking Josh for the 512th time to unlock the door, it was inevitable- if I wanted to see my son (or my dog) again, I had to break the window. So that is what I did. I broke the window and crawled through it to find Josh here.....
... in the shower. He knew he was busted. However, I was so happy to see him, I couldn't get mad. Instead I gave him lots of kisses and tickles. A roll of tape for all the locks in the house, a phone call to the emergency glass repair man, and $200 later, our house is back to normal, for now.Josh has been sick with a cold the past few days, so we have been stuck inside and on quarantine from our friends which means a lot of time to do projects. As I MAY have said, I love Christmas time. It's the most wonderful time of the year. I have been wanting an advent calendar for a few years, but can never find one that I love. This year, I decided to make my own.
BEFORE

AFTER
I have been collecting tiny little prizes and ornaments for Josh to open everyday along with a verse telling the story of Jesus' birthday. I'm a little excited about it.

This picture makes me laugh, but maybe you had to be there. One morning, I had the washing machine running and Josh got so tickled by it. I don't know if it was the sound or the vibrations against his head, but he stood like this for a good while, just giggling and giggling. It's moments like this that make my day so wonderful. Seriously, how silly is this little man?
Broken glass, snotty noses, a messy house, and sleepless nights... this boy is totally worth it!
8 comments:
wonderful! Josh is such a boy...and reminds me so much of your brother....always getting into trouble.
Mom
ooooooh busted. i told you he figured out the locks.
and i love how your project turned out! it's super cute.
We missed you both this weekend. You owe us a visit now! Ha! I think you are a little more that excited about that advent calender! Wow girl, that thing is cool! Hope you're both feeling well soon! Lots of love,
The Prewitts
Oh my goodness - what a trouble maker! Little Joshua already starting out in debt for his UT fund. I can't believe he's already making his mamma break windows.
Way to go Josh!! way to show who is in charge! don't feel too bad, Sam has lost WAY more money for his college fund... only no broken windows (yet)
LOVE the advent calendar--- so clever and creative!
that is hilarious!! i hope you guys are doing well...i would love to hear from you. and...your advent calendar is amazing. i could sure use some of your talent! love ya!
LOVE the advent calendar- I'm so impressed!
Oh my gosh...that is the coolest advent calendar I've ever seen! I love it!
Post a Comment