Monday, November 10, 2008

South Bound 35



You'd think we went to the moon this weekend, but where we journeyed to was far more exciting.... Austin! Josh and I made a quick trip to Austin for Matt's 3rd birthday party. When we arrived on Friday night, Tricia and Matt took us to Phil's Ice House for dinner and Amy's Ice Cream for dessert. The boys had a fabulously fun time running around the playground. Josh played in this blue bubble thingy for what seemed like hours. Eventually, I had to crawl up and get him down. I am WAY too old for that. It wasn't pretty.




I'm sure the ice cream with sprinkles had something to do with this hilarious smile, but playing with Matt sure made Josh giggle!

Happy Birthday Matt!

I must brag on my friend, Tricia for a moment. Look at this AMAZING cake she made! It even has googly eyes! She is almost obnoxiously talented (no offense Tricia). Thanks for a great party weekend!


When we got back home, something very excited happened. Josh and I had just headed out on a jog when Chris called to tell us a helicopter (aka: Larlalar) had landed in a field by our neighborhood park. Oh my gosh!!!! I haven't ran that fast in a very long time. Luckily, Chris picked us up in his truck and we made it to the park in time to see the helicopter. Josh wasn't as excited as I thought he would be, I guess helicopters are only cool on YouTube.






2 comments:

Michelle {bsktgirl} said...

I am in love with Josh's new profile pic! I always was a sucker for a cowboy! The blue pic...not so much! :)

Nicole said...

OH WOWWWWW! A LALARLAR!
I guess he just needs to fly in a lalarlar to appreciate it fully. I'm glad you all had such a great time in Austin. Happy Birthday, Matthew!