
Okay, so the cold weather only lasted for two brief, yet blissful, days. We got Josh a new cozy winter jacket and he is all ready for playing in the brisk winter air... if it would ever come to stay. He looks like a true little Irish boy with his rosy cheeks. He loved running in circles outside with our hyper dogs. Why do dogs and children get so wild once the temperature drops? Joy, (our resident meteorologist), can you figure out this mystery for me?

Last night, I went to the Coldplay concert with Jen and Sylvia! It was so awesome! They put on quite a great show. Despite the couple in front of us who were displaying WAY too much "P.D.A." we all had a great time people watching and screaming for the band like a bunch of groupies!
Truthfully, I love Chris Martin's haunting voice, but I have never found him very attractive. He is very "British" looking and too skinny for my style. Well, now I understand why! That man spent 2 hours bouncing around the stage like a jelly fish! His energy was crazy impressive. Not to mention all the instruments he was playing. On top of his fantastic vocal skills, he was playing the guitar, the piano, the harmonica........ hummm, who does that sound like?????
Oh! Why do I need to go to a concert, when I have my very own rock star at home!?!!?!
My favorite part of the concert is when millions of glow-in-the-dark pieces of confetti fell from the ceiling. You can kind of see it all over the stage in this picture. It looked so cool. I wish I could install a confetti machine in my house. How uplifting would it be to have confetti fall every time a guest arrived at your home? Messy, but very welcoming, I'm sure!A Bedtime Story

This is more a story about bedtime, than a bedtime story. I found these new PJs for Josh. He is obsessed with them! They have cars, trucks, helicopters, trains, and boats on them and Josh will spend several minutes sitting just like this pointing each of them out to me. When he found them in the Target bag, he pulled the the top out and said "WOW!" and brought it to me begging me to put it on him. It was only 3pm and 80 degrees out at the time, but I obliged. He ran around in the flannel PJ top ( and jean and shoes) all afternoon. He then had a COMPLETE meltdown when I made him put on a real shirt to go to the gym. How dare I!
Speaking of melting down, Josh has taken to HATING having his teeth brushed. I have tried all the tricks I've read about on the web, but nothing has proven successful. I even bought him this super cool fire engine spin toothbrush. I thought for sure this would work. He does love it. A little too much. He wants to play with it all the time and everywhere. Today, he even tried brushing Katie's teeth with it. He gets an A+ for sharing, but D- for hygiene. Any suggestions?

So, as with any nighttime routine, after the PJs and brushing of the teeth, we read a story. His current favorite is Goodnight Gorilla. He loves to point out the mouse carrying the bananas, the keys, the clock, the bike, etc. Anyway, EVERY NIGHT- without fail, when we get to this page, he points at the lady and says, " Mama!" in the same confident voice as when he is pointing at a real picture of me. Wow, I seriously take offense to this. Does it say something about me that I get my feelings hurt by my two-year-old?
4 comments:
The cold weather gets me all wound up too! Josh look so handsome in his winter coat. He should be able to wear the next couple of days with the cold front that came through tonight :)
i think that lady looks just like you. maybe you could get back at josh by pointing at the gorilla and saying "josh".
cute "play" on words! sam used to say mommy to a fat ugly creature in one of his books for a long time too. I didn't take it personally for a while, then i realized that I really DID look that bad! ha
Do you sleep with your hair in curlers and a shower cap, Al??? Is Chris really bald with a great hair piece or is that some other bald guy? I must have a talk with Josh! Great blog gal! Love ya,
josh
Post a Comment