The Geek Squad.It's their fault I have been M.I.A for the past two weeks. They commandeered my computer at my local Best Buy and wouldn't give it back. It has been quite torturous, I must say, living without the "Interweb" (as my friend calls it). I really didn't know what to do. One day, I found myself in need of a phone number for a business and I was at a loss. I was reminded by a much smarter person than me, that we have these enormously heavy paper things called phone books that I can refer to in the absence of the "InterWeb." My computer was very ill. So ill in fact, we were unable to retrieve all previously stored items on our hard drive. I can't talk too much about all the pictures I lost, because I will cry. Thank God for this blog and the memories it holds.
Anyway, without a computer, a girl can get a whole lot done! It will probably take me 5 or 6 posts to catch up on all the pictures I have snapped in the past few weeks. It is officially summer time and Josh and I are super excited about it! We will start with our Memorial Day Weekend trip to the beach.....

Josh didn't love the ferry ride like we thought he would. He did love looking up at the man steering the ferry, but I think the whole thing confused him a bit. I don't blame him. One minute we are driving in a car and the next, floating on the water. That has to mess with your head a bit!
This was Josh's second beach adventure of his life. The first one, he was not yet mobile and did not appreciate getting dirty in the sand. This year, he loved playing in the sand and ran all over the beach. He also consumed an impressive amount of the grainy goodness. I guess that makes sense since I gave him this giant spoon (shovel) to play with.
He really hated the waves. You can see the look of sheer disgust on his face as he stares down the waves coming towards him. As soon as the foam would hit his little legs, he would scream in terror and jump up into our arms. He is not one to cling to anything other than his toy cars, so I knew he was really scared. It was kind of nice having him hold on to me so tight. I also appreciated that Josh would run AWAY from the waves instead of straight into them as I had suspected he would. In this ONE situation in his life, he has chosen the safe and sensible option. That gave me a little peace of mind as we laid on the beach.
Attention: All toddlers entering the 2nd Annual Labor Day Beach Trip Toddler Race...
Be scared, be very scared!
Every Labor Day, our college friends (and offspring) take a trip to the beach together. Last year, Josh was unable to participate in the Toddler Race due to his lack of ability to stand and/or walk. This year, he is ready to go. We had him up at dawn every morning running timed sprints on the beach. We made him drink raw eggs and protein packed smoothies. After a few more months of treadmill and hill work he will be in tip top shape to take on his friends.
"Hey, Matthew, Tyler, Isa, James, Ethan, Luke, Mason, Ava, Brooke, Macy, and Tyler... bring it on!"
Josh enjoyed the calm pool water much more than the angry ocean.
I found this super cool float for Josh at the super market of all places. He LOVES cars. Actually, I can safely say he is OBSESSED with cars. He probably says "car" 50 or 60 times a day. He also says Cracker that many times. But, his word for cracker is "Car Car, " so he is combining his two loves into one dream treat! Once we blew up the car float there was no stopping him from hanging out in there. Water, or no water- this is a great toy. The horn even beeps. I wish I has one.
1 comment:
wow. who's cute? and who loves amphibious cars? i LURVE his stylin' one piece speedo suit.
love you, joshie!
xoxo from pickies
Post a Comment