Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Just chillin'

Hello everyone! Sorry, I have been out of touch. My mom gave me a "slight" hint today...

"I've been looking on the blog everyday and it's always the same pictures."

I have no excuse other than pure laziness while Josh is sleeping. His naps are my usual blog time, but since he has been so "busy" the past few weeks I am wiped out during his naps and just want to be still and quiet. Not move a muscle, including my fingers.



Last week, we had our first Kindermusic class. Josh had such a fabulous time. When we got there, the teacher threw a bunch of rattles on the floor. Each kid could take one to play with. One.

My son ended up with FOUR!

He just walked from kid to unassuming kid stealing their rattles. HOW RUDE???!!!??? I did my best to control Josh's criminal activity, but he just kept grabbing. At least he did it with a smile on his face.


Josh: " Hi, I'm Josh. I'll be taking that. Thanks"

Another funny moment happened while the teacher was closing the class. We were all sitting in a circle and she was playing soft music to help us and the kids relax. This "relaxing" time was when Josh decided to jump into the middle of the circle and start dancing to the slow music. As the beat quickened, so did his dancing. He made the entire room laugh. I was so, so, so proud.


After Kindermusic, we headed to Chick-Fil-A for some good lunch and to play on the fun playscape. This was our first time to do anything like this. I was so happy to see him have fun, but it made me a little bit sad to see my "baby" walking around and playing like a big boy.

Watch out... here he comes!


Today, Josh's friend Meagan came over for a couple of hours. She is a cute little girl, and watching them play together reinforced how different girls and boys really are. For example, Meagan sat in my lap for 10 mintues while I read her a book. No squirming, no bouncing, no pulling, no burping, no farting- nothing- just still and snuggly for 10 minutes.
Wow.



Our windy wagon ride.




Studio 54
(aka: Josh's playroom)





I decided we should make Meagan's Granny a get well card. So, I pulled out the crayons and paper. Meagan did a great job, coloring lines and dots on the paper in various colors. She made a beautiful card for her sick Grandmother.


Josh.....




...ate the crayon.



Again, I am so proud.

No really, I am. He is a character and makes me giggle at least once every 15 minutes throughout the day. What more can I want from life? I am so blessed and happy to spend my days with this little man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back Joshua!!! We missed hearing about your escapades. When you are through stealing rattles, you can move on to street signs, sneaking on to golf courses, and other mischevious things...just ask daddy!