Saturday, September 8, 2007

BONK!



Josh is pulling up on EVERYTHING these days. It doesn't matter if it is sturdy or not, he will climb it. This includes, the coffee table, the dogs, my legs, the dishwasher, the dresser, his toys, a ball (is that even physically possible?), and any chair in sight. Getting up used to be difficult for him. It would take him several minutes to figure his way up, and once he was up, he was right back down again. How frustrating! Now he just pops up on anything and is very proud of himself and his new view of the world. He uses his mouth to help him up, kind of like a fifth appendage. He finds it very useful. With this new ability to pull up comes the inevitable BONK. "BONKING" happens on an hourly basis at our house. Despite my vigilant watching and spotting (taking me back to my cheerleading days), he always seems to fall into, on top of, under, or over something that leads to a nice red mark on his body- usually his forehead. Poor kid. He is tough and heads straight for the next thing to pull up on. Josh is now attached to my hip or under my feet at all times. As my friend would say, " He is out of the potted plant stage," ie: I can no longer just sit him down and feed him and go about my business.

Tonight I have to work and Josh will hang out with Dad. Of course, they will be watching the UT football game. It will be Josh's first game to actually get to watch with Dad. I expect him to know The Eye's of Texas by the time I get home in the morning. Hook 'Em!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! Erin gave me your blog address and I've enjoyed looking through it tonight and seeing how cute little Joshua is! I hope he's singing The Eyes of Texas this morning....that game was a little too close for comfort :).
We definitely need to get together soon...but until then, we'll keep updated by your blog!
Julie Wood