Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!


We had a great celebration for Chris' first Father's Day. Chris' parents came into town on Saturday afternoon and after several hours of cooing and giggling with little man, we went for a nice meal. When we arrived at the restaurant, they told us it was a 40minute wait. With a little baby, that seemed like a long time to keep him entertained. Then, Gayle and I was happy to find a Pier 1 store right next to the restaurant. Naturally, we went shopping during our 40 minute wait. Josh saw so many things he could break and I saw so many things I couldn't live without. Dinner was yummy and the waiter loved Josh, who smiled at him every time he brought me a margarita, that's my boy!
On Sunday morning, we had a big breakfast and let Roland and Chris open their many gifts. It was like Christmas in June for those boys. Josh even participated. He got each Granddad and Chris a matching tie. He picked it out all by himself at Steinmart the other day while we were shopping. He kept picking up this darn tie. I would put it back, he would pick it up, and again and again. Finally, I got the hint that he wanted this to be his father's day present to all the dads in his life. I don't think my dad has received his box in the mail yet, so hopefully he won't read this tonight! Sorry, dad. Anyway, I got Chris a nice hammock for the backyard so he and Josh can relax on those 110 degrees summer days- or maybe they will wait for the fall to do that. Josh wore his " if you think I'm cute you should see my dad" t-shirt. I think Chris had a good Father's Day. He tried to go golfing yesterday with Paul, but the weather sent him home without even swinging the club, how sad. But, today we are all curled up on the couch watching the US Open, hopefully that is almost as good as the real thing. To all those dads reading this blog.... Happy Father's Day!

No comments: