Monday, June 25, 2007

Friends, Food, and Family Fun











This weekend was quite busy for us. On Friday, the Olivers (minus Isa) and the Tooley's came into town to attend a wedding. James and Joshua had a great time together. I got to watch James on Friday night. As I watched him move around my house, I made mental notes for future baby-proofing projects. James is 16months and such a cutie! Josh just loved watching him play. I just can't believe Josh will ever be as grown-up as James. It will be so fun to watch Josh learn and discover new things.


I worked on Saturday and Sunday nights. More than I usually work in a row, but it wasn't bad, despite the fact this is the first week of computerized charting on the unit. Yes, the hospital is just now getting into this computer thing the world embraced, what 15 years ago? I don't know if y'all know this, but medically- minded people don't enjoy change very much. That's why we like the human body.... it's been the same since the beginning of time.

We gave Josh rice cereal for the first time this weekend. I really wanted to wait until he was 6 months ( July 11th), but on Saturday night he took TEN ounces of milk!!! Therefore, I thought maybe he needed a little more substance in his life. I'm sure he would have rather had steak or a burger, but rice cereal is just as good. He doesn't know any better. He didn't know quite what to think of the spoon going into his mouth and he gave me some seriously funny faces once he tasted the cereal. Another event to add to the baby book..... all these 'firsts" to keep track of.

On Sunday, Chris did many projects around the house while I slept and Josh played. One project included hanging the hammock I gave him for Father's Day. It looks great in the back yard. There was a nice breeze outside and the three of us laid on the hammock under a tree until I had to run off to work again. What a great memory that will be.



No comments: