The night before the run, our relay team and another team of fellow mom friends from our MOPS group went out to carb-up, fajita-style. It was a lovely evening out on the town. Our conversation was mostly about who would be handing off to who at what time and at what pace and who needs to text who first and then who do we text next and at what point do we text what and to who's number... you get the point.
Planning a relay exchange is not as easy at it may seem. I don't know how you would do a relay without texting-capabilities.
The morning of the race it was cold, cold, cold. The three of us bundled up in our warm attire and hugged our hot chocolate-filled flasks as we awaited for Katie at my exchange point. 
I was so happy to have my boys there to help keep me warm and keep a smile on my face.

Here I am with my friend, Robin. She ran the same leg of the relay as I did for the other mommy-only team. Their team name was, "10cm and Pushing" as many of them have just had babies this past year. Graphic, but cute. Another fun relay team name I saw was "10 Boobs Running." Get it? A relay team of 5 women? You do the math. It's funny.
Anyway, I digress... Robin is truly a remarkable woman. This mother of two under 3 years old, was diagnosed with an aggression form of cancer less than a year ago. She is now doing great and getting healthier everyday, as evidence by her running in a MARATHON RELAY!!! Isn't that amazing!?!?! What an inspiration. One of her good friends, and another mom that sits at Robin and my MOPS table, ran the full marathon on Sunday in honor of Robin.

Such a fantastic day. Although it was bitterly cold, and I swear I have yet to warm up from that day, it is one of my favorite days of 2010. Seeing my sweet friends, Katie, Erin, and Amy run their first big race, having my boys by my side when I took off on my run, cheering on first-time marathoner strangers, and seeing some friends set their personal bests, it all made for a perfect Sunday in Texas.
1 comment:
Thanks, I love you dearly. :)
Post a Comment