After almost 9 years of marriage, I had to bust out the Goo-Gone to remove price stickers from some of my china and crystal pieces.



The crystal sparkled.
The silver flatware was set per the great, Emily Post's protocol.
The linens were crisp.
The chargers were placed perfectly under the china plates.
The placeholders were inviting.
I stepped back and looked at the perfect table of Christmas-y cheer and was pleased.
I smile.
Then, at the far end of the table, I see something.
What is that?
Hum?
Two lone Hot Wheels cars.
They were not invited.
But, they sure looked nice next to the Waterford.

You can't have 20 moms who have the night "off" over for a dinner party and not serve some seriously fun drinks. In addition to wine of all types, I mixed up some holiday cocktails. I made Christmas Cosmos (really they were just Cosmos served in green sugar-rimmed champagne flutes) and Spiked Apple Cider.
The cider was dangerously good.
Okay, Okay... I will share with you.
1 bottle of Champagne
3 Cups of Apple Cider
1/4- 1/2 Cup of Goldschlager
Once mixed, this drink lots a WHOLE lot like plain ole' apple juice, so be sure not to confuse the cocktails with your Treetop juice for your little one.
That would be bad.
The dessert.
It's really nothing fancy, just a chocolate cake/pudding/whip cream/Heath Bar trifle, but it is yummy and anything served with a candy cane garnish makes you feel special.
In my opinion.
In the end, Josh was wise and grabbed his two Hot Wheels cars and fled the scene of the girly party. This is the evening Chris took him to see the amazing train exhibit at the mall. I think he much preferred a train adventure over a night hanging out with Mommy x 20!!!
On a side note... what is up with blogger and all this weird formatting stuff?? I can't fix it, I've tried everything. Random underlining, crazy color changes, not letting me center my text. You're messing with me, Blogger!!! Give a girl a break! Anyway, sorry for the funny looking post.
2 comments:
Al: You have such wonderful friends...those who run and those who don't. Enjoy your young years with your friends...you'll have the memories for ever.
Love you,
Mom
I would like my own personal party please. Since, had I known about this one, I would never have stepped down!
Post a Comment