Monday, November 22, 2010

Full House

Last weekend, we had some very pretty house guests.
They came in pink. They had bows in their hair. They squealed instead of screamed. They asked to watch Tinkerbell instead of Cars. They did not fight with Josh over who would play with the fire engines and trains.
"They"were girls.
And they were cute.

Katie and Maggie came to Camp Josh for the weekend and we had a blast. You wouldn't know it from this picture, but I had everything under control.
Really, I did.

I made sure they behaved at the table, minded their manners and didn't play with their food like a bunch of wild animals.

I demanded daily cardio.


I introduced them to local culture by taking them site seeing around town.

And I made sure they spent at least 2 hours a day studying historical fiction.

I made sure they ate only the most organic and healthiest of foods.
I didn't let Josh influence Katie away from her sweet and polite ways.
And, most importantly... I set firm guidelines to assure no hanky panky during bedtime.

Just call me Mary Poppins. I am THAT good at caring for a gaggle of kids. Seriously, we had the best time having our house filled with the giggles and squeals of three kids. We had so much fun spoiling them with pancakes and milk shakes and creating funny play doh creatures. Josh was in heaven having two beautiful ladies all to himself.

Although he loved our girly house guests, Josh had been anxiously awaiting this year's "Truck Party" which happened to fall while the girls were staying with us.
Because I knew Katie and Maggie wouldn't be all over the truck thing like Josh, I decided to plan a special afternoon for the girls while Chris and Josh were doing their "boy-thing." When we walked into this store, Katie looked up at me with wide eyes and said, " Ms. Alison... it's a make-up store!"
Be still my heart.
I love this child.
I let Katie pick out whatever color nail polish she wanted. I was quite impressed with Katie's fashion sense. She went straight for the dark colors that everyone knows is so very "IN" right now and a nice glittery top coat. Did I mention I love this child? As the weekend came to a close, Josh needed to get reacquainted with his manly side, so he found a nice 'stash to man-it up a bit.
Worst weekend moments:
1. Trying to "do" Katie's hair into a cute bow... that lasted about 2.5 minutes.


2. Taking all three kids to the tiny bathroom at Chicken Play on a Saturday at noon.

3. Having to explain to Josh on Sunday night that Maggie and Katie couldn't spend every weekend with us.

Top weekend moments:

1. Spending the morning snuggling with Maggie in her flannel PJs. Seriously, look at that face.

2. Watching Josh help Maggie play with his remote control tractor and hearing him say, "Now, Maggie, you have to be careful it doesn't run over your teeny tiny toes." Josh LOVES Maggie's toes.

3. Overhearing the following conversation while Josh, Katie, and Luke were watching Katie's movie about Tinkerbell trying to save the trees from being bulldozed by a big tractor...
Katie: "I love this movie. I love Tinkerbell."
Josh: "But, it's for girls."
Luke: "Well, at least there is a tracker in it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! ......absolutely, love it.

MeMe

Little McShahan said...

I too love it. Tractors make everything better. Thanks again for taking on that extra charge on such a full weekend.