This is what greeted Chris and I as we hit the starting line at Lance Armstrong's Livestrong Run on Saturday morning in Austin. Can you image a better way to start a Saturday morning?
I had to do it. It was too tempting.
This sign was at the local running store by the starting line, reminding us runners to be kind to cyclists. Until I started this running gig, I had no I idea the disharmony between runners and cyclists. Can't we all just get along?
Saturday morning, Chris was playing the part of a runner, so I was nice to him. Only this one time though. The race was fabulous. Perfect weather in a perfect city. I went straight home and registered for the Austin Half Marathon. I love running in Austin. However, the best part was seeing the hundreds of cancer survivors run the race and hearing that this year's Livestrong Challenge raised over $2.7 million for cancer research.
After the race in Austin, we went to Wimberly to celebrate Roland and Gayle's 2nd Anniversary of their 30th birthdays. It was a great day that turned into a fabulous evening. We went to a winery in the hill country and feasted on Italian food and wine. There were wonderful things like balsamic marinated lamb, Nutella Chocolate Mousse, and a buffet of gelato to enjoy.
This was Josh's reaction to the gelato display.
We woke up early Sunday morning to cheer Chris on as he embarked on a 90 mile bicycle ride through the hills of southwest Texas. He has been training for months for this part of the Livestrong Challenge. He did amazing. Despite the hills, wind, little sleep, a lot of mileage, and the tiny and hard bicycle seat... he finished faster than he expected. We are so proud of him.
I didn't realize I was taking a picture of Lance Armstrong when he flew past us as we were waiting for Chris. I was just taking pictures. The coolest part? Chris was not too far behind "Mr. 7-time Tour de France Winner." It is pretty amazing how speedy my husband is on that bicycle of his.
Chris stopped for a quick rest and Josh was thrilled to see Daddy for a brief moment.
1 comment:
Congrats, Chris! Not surprised you were just behind "superman". All the effort is for a great cause. Everyone looks great..the whole clan.. Cec
Post a Comment