Sunday, October 17, 2010

A family that fairs together, stays together.



Last weekend, we made our annual (and mandatory) visit to the Texas State Fair. The Fair is the greatest invention ever. In one location, you can do the following things without feeling terribly guilty or being judged as completely crazy...


1. Eat RIDICULOUSLY unhealthy food.

Corn Dogs = the staple of any fair-goer's menu.

Josh thinks it's a lollipop device for ketchup consumption. Gross.
Everything is fried at the fair. Even the Snickers. And the Frito Pie. And the Oreos. And the Margaritas. And the Cookie Dough. Chris' favorite was the Fried Frito Pie. My favorite was the Fried Snickers. Oh. My. Heavens. It was so good.
Cotton candy= melt in your mouth dream for a 3 year old.




2. Spend WAY too much money on carnival rides and games, because they are awesome.



42 inches exactly! Take that Big Tex!!!

Super Big Potato Sack Slide with Daddy!

Would you look at that face!!! Totally worth 8 tickets!


Monster Truck Mama


Creepy Fun House with Chris



Josh won himself the following items that I do not know how we lived without them before fair day; a plastic sword , a stuffed Scooby Doo, a Wicked Witch with a broom.


3. State Fair People Watching; almost as good as airport-people watching and/or Wal-Mart people-watching.


Where's Waldo?

I found him!!!!


Another great year at the fair.



3 comments:

MissAdaptation said...

Oh, we love the fair so much. Every year, cold or heat...does not matter! Two years ago, we went even though I was on bedrest. We rented a rickety old wheelchair for me and Iain actually pushed around a way-too-heavy Christie while keeping track of three year-old Duncan. It was not our funnest trip, but that didn't matter! Good-bye Fair with a capital "F". We will see you next year.

Nicole said...

So so jealous. I love these pics! And I'm going to need you to fax me a corny dog STAT. xoox

Anonymous said...

Josh is 42"!!!! I'm only 62"!!!
Soon he'll be look me eye to eye.

MeMe