Yesterday was Josh's last day of school! I CAN NOT BELIEVE it is already over. Is it just me, or did summer totally sneak up on us this year??? Anyway, because I am a complete sucker for traditions, here is our annual "last day of school" post.
Then: SEPT. 2009
THEN: 34 lbs. 39 inches tall. Size 8 shoe. Size 5 diaper.
NOW: 39 lbs. 41 inches tall. Size 10 shoe. Big Boy Underwear... NO MORE DIAPERS!!!
Favorite Phrases:
THEN: Gosh, I really don't remember. I just remember him singing "Wheels on the Bus" endlessly.
NOW: "Mommy, what's _____?" " Mommy, why______?" "Mommy, Who's______", "Mommy, why______?"
Favorite Foods:
THEN: Breakfast Bars, Pancakes, Apples
NOW: Mac and Cheese, Peanut Butter Jelly Sandwiches, Melon, French Toast
Favorite Toys:
THEN: Cars
NOW: Cars
Favorite Show:
THEN: Veggie Tales
NOW: Little Einsteins
NEW TRICKS learned this school year:
- Potty Trained.
- Count to "twenty-teen"
- Spell and Read : Josh, Joshua, Car, Toy, Katie
- Able to read the following books front to back: "Nightmare in my Closet" "Trucks at Work" (And by read I mean that he has memorized the entire book and can recite it word for word. )
- Put on his Crocs and pants all by himself.
- Sing the chorus to: Yellow Submarine, Lucy in the Sky, Eight Days a Week, and countless kid's songs (and maybe ONE Lady GaGa song) trapped on my iPod.
- Draw circles, squares, and a dinosaur that looks a lot like a banana with feet.

2 comments:
SO awesome. What an awesome guy. Josh - for the record. Cars are still my favorite thing. And buildings that hold cars.
This confirms that MB is pretty much my favorite person (sorry, rest of the world). Reading last year's post made me remember "carsoups carsoups carsoups"... a classic Joshie moment. I can't believe he is such a big boy these days! xoxo
Post a Comment