Monday, May 17, 2010

First School Performance



This morning was Josh's first ever, never-to -be-forgotten, cuter than cute, school performance. It was quite the show. Really, it was just an opportunity for all the parents to see what the kid's do in music class. The music teacher was insistent that this was not a performing arts school. Josh does not agree, and true to form, put on quite a show for ALL of the video camera's to capture.

Chris took a hilarious video that might, in Chris' lawyer-ly words, be "incriminating evidence" of Josh's boisterous personality. You decide. I took just a few pictures that will serve as a nice summary of how Josh "performed." We shall start with his first act, taken place while the class was singing "Where is Thumbkin?"


ATTENTION AUDIENCE!!!

THIS.

IS.

MY BELLY!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some other shots of my little character during various parts of the performance.



(The obligatory, "I am a boy, therefore I must grab my parts in public" shot).



"And that's our show, folks."
"Peace, I'm out."


Here are a few video clips from the big performance.



Josh got VERY excited about his fake sneeze in this one. Give the boy the okay to scream and he'll take you up on it!




And the Grand Finale...


5 comments:

Erin Basden said...

I really love how, in the pictures of him pulling his shirt up, John and Ava seem to be backing away from him, as if they want no responsibility for his behavior! HA! That Josh is once precious kid and we love him for his "showmanship"!

Unknown said...

This post makes me smile. Josh is soooooooooooooo entertaining! :)

Nicole said...

I thought, "Wow, look at that little girl improvising with the classic arm-roll moves"... and then I realize that everyone but Josh was doing that. YESSS! I love mb's amazing moves and songs and screams, as usual. Great job, miniman!

Mama Bear said...

Oh lordy. That was precious. Makes me want to rewind time to when Brother Bear was that age!!!!! They are peas in a pod those two boys.

Oh, BTW, who was the Dad with the video camera AND the iPhone?? Crazy!

Anonymous said...

I don't have pictures to prove it, but Josh's performance is soooo like his Dad's first. It is really scary! We won't miss the next one.
granee & pa