We had high hopes for spring break. I promised Josh and my fellow mom-friends we would fill up our free time with fun outdoor activities, interesting crafts, adventures around the city, and quality time enjoying the beautiful weather that had been forecasted all week.
SPRING BREAK DAY ONE:
After our busy weekend, Josh and I were exhausted. We slept in (ha ha) and stayed in our PJs until it was time to meet Katie, Maggie and their sweet mom for a picnic at the gorgeous Arboretum. Seemingly, the rest of the city had made the same plan. The Arboretum was mayhem. So, we headed to a nice little neighborhood park and enjoyed a picnic together. Josh and Katie snuggled under a tree and shared crackers. So cute. John M. even made an appearance, and the kids had fun chasing each other all over the park.
SPRING BREAK DAY TWO:
On Tuesday, it was a bit overcast and chilly, but we headed to the zoo as planned with John, Luke, and William. We got there early and were one of the only groups walking around. The animals were enjoying their breakfast, so Josh got to see what monkeys, kangaroos, flamingos, giraffes, and elephants eat. Zoo animals eat quite nicely. This in turn provided me with some ammunition for getting Josh to eat his fruits and veggies. After watching the monkeys eat carrots, he ate an entire baggie full of them! Thank you, fellow Animal Kingdom friends!
SPRING BREAK DAYS 3- 6:
The elephants were in rare form this particular morning. They came right to the edge of the fence to say hi. Josh was so excited to see them up close and asked what elephants eat. I told him broccoli, but I may have been lying. Shhh, don't tell.
Halfway into our zoo outing, Josh started asking me to hold him. Sure, I'll walk a few miles carrying a 35 pound toddler who is almost as tall as I am, no problem. Then, he became very quiet. Anyone who knows my son, knows that this is highly unusual. That is why I wasn't very surprised at this...
SPRING BREAK DAYS 3- 6:
My poor little man was sick the rest of spring break. He ran a high fever for more than three days and was, in no other word, pathetic. He would walk aimlessly around the house and then say, " I want to go back to bed." I think he took 5 naps on Wed. and Thurs. Oh. My. Goodness. It broke my heart. On Ridiculous Fever Day #3, I broke down and took him to the doctor. He was tested, poked, and prodded, but nothing came back unusual, thankfully. Just a pesky virus that we had to wait out. Grrrrr. So, we spent most of Spring Break inside looking at the beautiful weather outside. Finally, on Saturday we had our Josh back. He woke up active, loud, and his usual energetic self. Just in time to find this on Sunday morning....
2 comments:
sorry to hear josh was so sick. we missed you on fri.
I know those rosy cheeks are probably from the fever, but oh my they're cute. Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment