Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend at Barney's (and MeMe's).

Chris has been a litigation attorney for 6 years and will be trying his first case this week. Most cases settle before they make it this far, so this is quite a big deal! Chris has been spending hours and hours preparing for the trial, so I decided I should do my own prep work about how one should support their significant other during their first trial. I went to the most reliable source I know... Hollywood. I learned some valuable tips from Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny. Very useful stuff, indeed. I have my camera and black leather mini-skirt all ready to go. Ummm, no, not really.

One thing for sure... I came straight home and made sure all of Chris' favorite suites and ties were squeaky clean so as to prevent a scene like this one in the court room.

While poor Chris was stuck in the office all weekend, Josh and I headed to spend a nice relaxing weekend at MeMe and Barn's house. Lucky us, the Rodeo Parade just happened to be on Saturday, so we headed downtown to watch the festivities.
Josh's favorite was Ronald McDonald in his shoe car.
Josh about lost his head over this one.
I, however, got gooey bumpsies.
Can you say... Creeeepppyyy?!?!?!?!?


Josh quickly tired of watching horses gallop past us and wanted more high school bands and cheerleaders. A wicked case of the squirms took hold, and MeMe, Josh and I made a quick get away despite the ropes and police officers. Sorry, but you don't want to mess around with a hungry, tired, bored three-year old, I don't care how big your horse is.

We were blessed with warm and beautiful weather while at MeMe and Barn's house. We found this great playground down the road and had so much fun enjoying the sunny skies. Josh has been very into doing things "just the two of us" lately. "Mommy, let's snuggle on the couch, just the two of us." "Mommy, let's scooter, just the two of us." Just a little adorable and sweet, huh? Anyway, same held true at the playground. "Mommy, let's slide, just the two of us." Then he quickly tells me EXACTLY what I am supposed to do and the best way to slide down the slide. It's pretty funny to hear my exact words from months ago come out of his little mouth.
Scary, but funny.









My dad treated Josh to his very first soccer ball. We went to a sporting goods store and he got to pick out which ever one he wanted. Of course, he picked the bright pink one. Sweet Barn was fine with this choice and said he could have the pink one if he wanted it. However, I vetoed it pretty quickly (your welcome, Chris). Josh had a few very good kicks and even dribbled for a little bit, which greatly excited Barn. However, Josh was completely distracted by a play digger that was calling his name at a nearby sandbox. He was talking about it the entire way home this afternoon.

It was a fabulous weekend with my parents, although we missed Chris. But, Josh and I are so very proud of him!!!

Now, I have to go find my cow bells and make a few "GO CHRIS" banners to display in the court room.

3 comments:

Phil said...

I think my first soccer ball actually had multiplication tables imprinted on it....Alison knows what I'm talking about....or with the massively exciting (to watch) canadian hockey win in the Olympics....should I say "a-boot".

Tricia said...

I'm sorry...gooey bumpsies??? Is that Irish? I like it.

Nicole said...

I'm driving around in my shoe car right now, on my way to buy myself a(nother) pink soccer ball. Josh and I both know that this is exactly how it should be.