Sunday, February 7, 2010

Daily Occurrences


When we wake up every morning, we never know what the day will hold. But, this much I know for sure, I will do the following things EVERYDAY, regardless the day of the week, the weather, my mood or my toddler's mood.

My Daily Occurrences. Hold on to your hats, folks.... this is exciting stuff.

Grunt and stumble into the kitchen searching for a hot pot of coffee made daily by my sweet husband.

Read my daily devotional and The Journey via email. This is done on my blackberry over coffee while making Josh's breakfast. Sad huh? I need to work on that.

Check the top headlines of the day. This will include the following sites: Facebook, Google Reader, Weather.com and CNN.com... usually in that order. I have my priorities, people.

Eat a Nutri-Grain Waffle with peanut butter and a banana after waiting 30 painful minutes post-Synthroid pill (for my gimp thyroid).

Drag Murphy by the collar to get her to go outside and "do her business." Meanwhile, scold Jackson for eating Murphy's breakfast while she is outside.

Make our bed. On a good day, I'll place all the decorative pillows in their perfect spot, but most days, they stay on the ground.

Take a picture of Josh doing something silly.


Change a battery (or four) in a toy (or four).

Dispose of dog hair balls floating aimlessly around the house.

Do a puzzle with Josh on the (now clean) floor.


Call Chris at work to say hi around 10:30, 1:30, 4:30.

Let Josh listen to "I Gotta Feeling" on my iTunes. Ugh. I'm not a fan of that song anymore.

Reposition the plantation shutters that are broken in the playroom. There is always one slat facing the wrong way and IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!! I have to do this several times a day. This is my OCD kickin'.

Text with a friend about something crazy/wild/destructive that Josh has done only to get a comforting text back that makes it all better.



Use google maps to find something, somewhere, and how I am supposed to get there.

Convince Josh that he has to wear shoes when we leave the house.

Go to the gym and either run, go to a class, or go for a run outside (except on Sundays and Mondays when I am working). This is mostly because Josh BEGS to go to the gym everyday. He is quite the accountability partner.

Watch a Nick Jr. show with Josh when he wakes up from his nap. We cuddle on the couch and eat popcorn together. He lasts about 12 minutes before he jumps up and wants to play cars. These are my favorite 12 minutes of the day.


Drive to Sonic for a large Diet Dr. Pepper during Happy Hour (2-4pm 1/2 price drinks for those that don't know).

Play with Play-Doh with Josh. This results in my daily ritual of picking dried play-doh off the floor, off of Murphy's coat, off of Josh's pants, and off of the kitchen stools.


Argue with Josh that Frosted Mini Wheats are not an acceptable dinner option.

Take Josh with me to check the mail. This adventure usually turns into a full-on sprint as I chase him up and down the street. "Mommy, will you race me?"

Watch the 5:30 news.

Call Chris at 6pm to ask, "when are you coming home?"

Make dinner and empty the dishwasher. Grrr. My least favorite thing to do in the world (dishwasher, not dinner).


Tuck Josh into bed for the night: two books, two songs, prayers to Jesus, Butterfly Kiss, Eskimo Kiss, and a great big hug. My favorite thing to do in the world.

Relax on the couch with Chris for the rest of the night as the dogs sleep at our feet.

Throw in a few play dates, errands, chores, community/school/MOPS meetings, a blog post here or there, a few nice temper tantrums, appointments, trips to the park, about 20 text messages with friends, a shift at the hospital, and countless laughs/hugs/kisses and that is my day in a nut shell... and I love every minute of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great day, and spending it with my favorite little guy.
Lucky you!
MeMe

Nicole said...

someone is so cute... must run in the family. xoxo