Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Where's my Daddy?


Last weekend, Josh filled up the last of the 50 squares on his "good boy chart." He receives a sticker for being polite, picking up his toys, doing as we ask, getting a good report at school, sharing nicely when friends come over, and who am I kidding... sometimes he gets one just for making me laugh. After 10 stickers he gets a little treat and after 50 he got to pick a special treat to enjoy. He choose a visit to Chuck E Cheese's. I have NO IDEA who told the child about Chuck E Cheese's, but he was super excited about going. I was so proud of him for being such a good boy, I would have brought him to Nick and Sam's if he asked nicely.



Aunt Betsy was in town to help me with Josh while Chris is away and I had to work. Lucky her; she got to come with us. As Betsy and I were walking up to the restaurant we looked at each other nervously, I don't think we knew what we were in for. Josh skipped happily inside and headed straight for the giant monster truck.

Betsy and I were addicted to the "try and push the coins over the edge game." Yep, we are the suckers that dumped coin after coin into the slots for about 30 minutes. Even Josh got into the game.
We did score lots of tickets for Josh. He picked a microphone as his treat, of course. Oh goody.

Chris has been away in a winter wonderland this week. He is on a "Bro-cation" with some of his UT friends in Steamboat. They are having a great time. He PROMISED me he would take pictures, so I am sure I will have some to share when he gets home.

Josh has been asking me HOURLY where Daddy is. I told him all about Colorado, the snow, and the sport of skiing. We even watched countless videos on youtube of skiers and snowboarders doing wicked tricks down the mountain. Josh would cheer at the (professional and extreme) skiers, " Go Daddy, Go! Look at Daddy Go!!"
I had to laugh.
To ease the pain of life without Daddy this week, I made a "Daddy Chart" as Josh calls it. Actually, it's a series of photos of Chris with an image of a creepy hand (thank you google image) signaling how many days are left until we see Daddy. 4-3-2-1!

When Chris called tonight, Josh grabbed the phone to talk to Daddy and tell him all about his day. He also brought the phone to his new Good Boy Chart to "show" Chris his stickers.

He then brought the phone around the entire kitchen "showing" Daddy the toaster, peanut butter, dishwasher, "cake maker," and "coffee mixer." It was so hilarious. I am so, so glad I had the camera on to capture the moment.

Ahhh, VY... the memories. What a beautiful moment this was.
Please let us relive it on Thursday, please oh please!

Next on Chris' agenda for his week of mad fun... going to LA to watch UT beat Bama in the BCS Championship game! We sure miss him, but we are so glad Chris is having one of his best weeks ever!

Hook 'Em!

3 comments:

The Q. Family said...

Which Chuck E. Cheese did you go to? How fun!!

Erin Basden said...

last night Katie asked me, "Where's Mr. Chris?" I told her he was in a place called Colorado. She looked at me very seriously and said, "He's playing in the snow." HA! I am assuming Josh told her that?? Pretty cute.

Tricia said...

How on earth have you been allowed to avoid Chuck's for 3 years now? That astounds me! Watch--Josh will want his 4th bday party to be at CEC's.