Thursday, February 26, 2009

May I have this dance?


It was 87 degrees and sunny today, so we headed to the Arboretum with some friends. Josh had a great time running free on the grass and playing peek-a-boo with me behind the tree. Then, he found a ginormous stick and tried to beat the living bejesus out of those pretty flowers in the background, so the fun was over.

I had my camera ready, but Josh was just too fast for me to catch many good shots. This one pretty much sums up what I was up against while chasing after him. This may be the cutest Josh+Katie, future rehearsal dinner picture ever taken!


Aunt Pickles is in town this week on business... the business of making Josh giggle, that is! Josh loves his Pickles as we have always known. He wakes up in the morning screaming for "PICKLES?" Where ever she is, he is not far, asking for her to read a book, or show him some youtube action. Today, when I picked him up from the gym childcare (which by the way he is back on the gym-wagon- yah!), he didn't want to leave with me. He wanted Pickles. I had to explain the she was on an airplane high in the sky. Conveniently, there was a plane flying right over us. He waved and yelled to the passing airplane, "Hi Pickles!"
A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!



This is a picture from last weekend when Katie and Norah came over for a dance party. As I have said before, Josh loves his girlfriends, and he loves to dance with them. It is no secret that he is a ladies man, he even has the T-Shirt that he wears with pride.

When I get Josh ready for school, he likes to go through all the names of the friends he will get to play with. Usually, he says "John, John, Luke, and my teachers" over and over. But, this week, he started saying, "John, John, Luke, Mollie dance." Hummm? Of course, I had to investigate this curious statement when I was talking to his teachers. They told me that during music class, Josh stands in the middle of the circle and dances. Usually, they said, they would tell the child to sit down with the rest of the class, but his teachers said it is obvious that "Josh is meant to be there in the middle dancing, so we leave him be." Well, seemingly, he has taken to a certain petite girl named Mollie and gets her to dance with him. One day, rumor has it, John M. tried to cut in and "Josh would have NONE of it" as his teacher put it. Not sure how this ended, but I have not received a disciplinary note, so all must be good. John is a pretty cool guy; I am sure Josh wouldn't let a silly girl get in the middle of their friendship.
Then, two days later, Josh and I are leaving school and Josh sees a super cute little brunette (aren't all brunette's super cute? Ha Ha!) and runs up to her screaming, "Abby, Abby!!" and gives her a big hug. She replies with an excited " Josh!!!" I just hope Mollie wasn't around to witness this exchange.
Also, I sincerely hope Katie and Norah's parents are not reading this particular post.



Lastly, be warned... this video is hilarious. Josh has this, okay, I'll say it- totally weird "thing" he does. He has been doing it since he was maybe 6 months old. At first, we thought he was just trying to "get some business done." But, that's not it, he is just a silly kid. As he grew older, he realized certain people (Pickles, Phil, Granee, to name a few) thought it was the funniest thing ever and would die laughing at him. Now, he will do it on command. I hate it. It scares me to death, but I admit it is hilarious. I can't believe I am sharing this....






2 comments:

Stacy said...

OMG!!! Love the video! We used to call it "Strong Drew" when he would do that. It's sort of sad that it eventually went away. See you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

wow, yet another video hit at our house! katie immediately identified "ALISON!" from hearing your voice on the video. you have a fan. :)