Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fast! Fast!




I have been noticing an alarming habit that Josh has developed over the past few weeks. He wants to go fast. He wants me to go fast. He wants everything to be fast. Fast, fast, fast. When we are in the car, he is in the backseat saying, " Fast, fast, fast!" I explain to him that Mommy has to go 40 mph (okay, 43) because the speed limit is 40 mph and we have to abide by the laws of the land (give or take a few mph, right?). Of course, he doesn't care and insists I go faster. Good thing Josh has proven to be a great replacement for the radar detector. He can spot police cars from miles away. Whenever he yells, "police car, weewoo, weewoo!" you can bet I slow down to the approved speed limit (or there about). Without fail, he is ALWAYS right.

That Josh is proving to be quite handy.




Mr. Speedy is also very excited about Chris' newest toy. My parents got him a new trailer for his bike so we can take little man on bike rides around the lake. Back in our pre-Josh/ Austin days, Chris and I loved setting out on a Saturday morning for a long bike ride. Chris has had the occasional chance to ride in the past two years, but I haven't been on my bike since before I was pregnant with Josh. Well, let me tell you, that phrase, "it's just like riding a bike," is so true! The three of us took off on a bike ride together and had a great time! It was bloody freezing with the wind blowing in our face, but ohhhh, it felt so good to be back on my bike! Josh was nice and cozy warm inside his trailer- no doubt screaming for us to go "fast! fast!" Easy for him to say as he is kicked back in his chariot! Poor Chris had an extra 60 pounds to pull! We are looking forward to many spring afternoons riding around the lake and stopping for a picnic lunch. Thanks Barn and MeMe for a fabulous gift the entire family can enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From over here in Dubai, little man looks wonderful, and up to his old tricks as usual. Yes, I can imagine him in his 'chariot'. Where's his whip!
Love you all, stay safe.
MeMe