Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blah, Blah, Blah....



Blah, blah, blah.... I have a severe case of writer's block. Not that I worry about this blog being a great piece of literature, but my brain has turned to mush every night after Josh goes to bed. Just a warning before you read on....
My mental block is not due to a lack of funny "Joshisms." Actually, they have been quite abundant. For example, when he eats ice cream, he says, " hot!" and gives me a mischievous face and then laughs and says, "cooooold!" Also, at bath time, he spends 10 minutes sitting on the ground picking sock "fuzzzz" from between his little toes. He gets super excited about the fuzz and makes a point of showing me each piece, up close. Delightful.
Then, there is the "parakeet" affect we have been hearing around the house. The boy repeats anything and everything we say. I love praying with Josh at bedtime. We spice it up every night depending on what is going on that day. Tonight, we prayed that MeMe and Barn would have a safe trip to Dubai. I tell him to repeat after me and he sure tries hard. It all comes out gibberish, of course. Tonight, Dubai sounded like " Due-be-do." Oh well, I think He will get the gist.


Josh's new favorite hang-out is Chick-Fil-A. He loves the slide and the cow car suspended above the play area. He gets in that car and won't come out for a very long time. I enjoy sitting outside the play area in a cozy booth by the adjoining window so I can watch, but not hear the kids having a great time. It's the perfect set-up. Our new family motto: Eat more Chicken.
Reason #325 I love my girl, Katie... She wants to be a medical professional when she grows up, just like her Auntie Alison! Josh knew exactly what to do with that stethoscope! Is it obvious that I am obsessed with listening to my son's lungs?



It's raining babies!

I had the honor of meeting two new citizens of the world on Saturday. Congratulations to Faye and Justin who welcomed Aubree Jane, in the picture above. And congratulations to Jaime and Patrick who welcomed Anna Elizabeth.



Finally, I have a little news to report. I resigned from my job as a NICU nurse today. It was a huge and very difficult decision that I have been contemplating for months now. Those of you who know me, know that I detest any kind of change in my life, so today I had to take the plunge and just do it. I met with my manager and handed in a letter of resignation. Wow. I still can't believe I did it. I love my job, I love my co-workers, and love my babies, but it is getting harder and harder to separate the emotions of being a mom from being a nurse. And the 12 hour night shifts were killing all of us in the house, even for the little I was working. I'm happy, and I'm sad all at the same time.

That's all I've got!
Time for Lost and Top Chef! Yesssss!



Hope you all are having a great week!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison...sorry to hear about the job delima. I do hope that you're able to stay in contact though with your girls at the NICU. Glad to see that Josh is still being his normal self! ~Tim

Anonymous said...

The shot of josh checking his belly is awesome. Truly awesome. What a Friday afternoon treat. Tough decision al, but it sounds like you know it's the right one for you right now.

Anonymous said...

Al: You'll be truly missed in the NICU, but as you say, you have so much to look forward to with Josh and all that goes with bringing up baby!
Very proud of you.
Mom

Nicole said...

I am glad to have even more reasons to go to Chik-fil-A. YESSS! And proud of you for doing what you think is best. Sometimes it's the hardest thing to do.
SEE YOU IN A WEEK!

Little McShahan said...

Josh,

If you ever want to meet up a Chickilay, let me know. I ask Mommy to take me there all the time.

Luke