
We have had a fun and busy week! My goal was to spend the majority of each day outside and I am glad to say, I accomplished that goal! We walked the dogs and went to the park almost everyday. Josh thought it was so funny when Murphy would stick her head into his stroller to "lick" him hello. I also discovered that Josh has learned how to climb up into the jogging stroller and clasp himself in.
"Hint, Hint, Mom- I want to get out of the house! "
On Tuesday, Josh and I headed up to the NICU break room for a celebratory lunch in honor of my sweet friend, Michelle (http://www.michelle-bsktgirl.blogspot.com/) Michelle has been smoke-free for ONE YEAR! We are all so proud of her!

Our good-humored unit pharmacist provided candy cigarettes for everyone. Of course, we had to give one to Josh, mostly for the inappropriate photo-op; those things are really gross.

Josh had a great day at school on Wednesday. No injuries!!! Yeahh!!!! To top the great day off, Katie came over for dinner and to play for the evening. Due to an unfortunate mashed potato incident, I had to throw both kiddos in the tub for a scrub down.

Today, we took Josh to the ZOO for the first time! He loves animals and imitating their funny sounds. We had a great morning! Here are some pictures from our day at the Zoo....

Lucky us! The fire department was at the Zoo today giving the kids a chance to sit in the big fire engines and meet the firemen. While the Fire Chief was telling us about the trucks, Josh kept pointing at the truck saying " Wee Ooo Wee Ooo!"

We spent a lot of time at the Children's Zoo section. Josh was able to walk around on his own and visit the fish, ducks, sheep, pigs, and horses. He even got to ride a pony! His name was Little Joe and I think Josh wanted us to take him home. I don't know if Murphy and Jackson would have liked that very much.
The monkeys were probably the most entertaining animals today. They put on quite a show for us as they swung from tree to tree shouting out "Look at me!" in their funny language. At one point, one monkey jumped on the cage right in front of us and "relieved himself." Josh quickly smiled and said. "PEE PEE!"
We saw real life turtles that were about this size. For some reason, they wouldn't let Josh ride the real thing, so this metal one had to do.
He got to see and pet some pretty nasty things. It's not all cute and cuddly animals at the zoo, y'all! There were some seriously gross things to see. Of course, I opted to take pictures while the boys pet the snakes and lizards and I waited with the wagon while they went into the barn with the rats and bugs. ICK! I am learning that my boy is ALL BOY and completely fearless. This could be a problem for me.
Josh loves zebras ("babas" as he calls them), so I was disappointed that the Zoo didn't have any Zebras for us to see. However, as we were leaving to go home, we saw the carousel had a zebra to ride, and who are we kidding, he probably didn't know the difference between the real one and the one with a giant pole sticking through it's abdomen. So, we rode the carousel zebra and he LOVED it! When it was over he waved " bye bye!" to the "BaBa." Did I mention, I loved it too? How can you not love riding a carousel?
Side effect of a morning at the zoo: Extremely tired and very dramatic toddler. We are all sleepy and worn out from the excitement. Thanks for visiting our blog and letting us share our stories with you!
1 comment:
in that last picture, josh reminds me so much of his father... glad you all are having such a great weekend! xoxo
Post a Comment