Monday, September 15, 2008

Fallin' in love with Fall

77 degrees.
We are loving the cooler weather this weekend. I know it may not last for long, but for a few minutes it is feeling like Fall (which means Christmas is getting closer). Football season is underway (we are watching the Cowboys run a 98 yard touchdown as I type- weehoo!), school's in session, and it's time to pick out a Halloween costume. Every year I forget how much I hate Texas summers, and then the first cool front hits and the long sleeves and jeans come out from the back of the closet and
life is good again.
The dogs love the cool breeze as well. They have been extremely hyper while playing outside. Josh gets very stressed out and worried when the dogs are playing. He points at them saying " No No No" and looks at me like "Do something lady!" Granted, it does look like they are about to kill one another, but it is all in good fun.

Best Friends

Murphy loves Josh. I think it is related to the amount of food droppings she scores at meal time, but whatever the reason, it is darn cute. Considering Josh sits on top of Murphy, and tempts her with a cracker, only to swiftly take it back, it is surprising Murphy is so gentle with him.

More proof he is his dad's son.....

"How much stuff can I fit in the back of my truck???"

PS... right after I shot this picture, Jackson came out of NOWHERE and consumed all those goldfish and cheerios in one swallow. It was not a good few minutes after that, Josh was quite upset he lost his load.

This weekend, was kind of a bummer. When I was asleep, Chris was awake and when I wasn't at work, Chris was. But, all was not lost, the boys had a great time watching Hurricane coverage from under the fort they made in the living room. Oh, the things you can do with an old sheet and pillows!

Josh is ALL BOY, I tell you! His first day of school resulted in his first skinned knee. Of course, I had to take a picture of it. I thought it was cute. However, he has been to school 4 total days and has had four injuries. They are all minor, but every time I pick him up, he has a skinned knee or a skinned elbow. Today when I picked him up I had a "Incident Note" awaiting my signature. This was the first official notification of my son's clumsiness. Seemingly, he was running on the playground and ran straight off the raised play area down onto the sidewalk resulting in a busted lip. His teacher said he cried for about 5 seconds, got back up and continued to run with the blood and everything. He of course, refused the ice pack so he is looking a bit "Angelina Jolie" this afternoon.

I am planning on spending ALL WEEK outside in the nice weather! I hope you all can enjoy it as well!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS. That first picture is completely adorable! Hope to see you guys soon-
Devon

Nicole said...

i love the fish-in-truck moment. he's a clever man, that mini!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I love the first pic as well. Gotta have a print of it for my room at school. It's beem a while since I've checked the blog and I was really behind. But what a great time I had checking out all the wonderfully exciting things you all have been doing.
Can't wait until our long weekend with the little man!