Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back to School


After a long vacation, it was "back to the grindstone," as my dad would say. Josh's first day of school (a.k.a: Mother's Day Out) went very well. His teachers are so sweet; a prerequisite to being a preschool teacher. Josh was all set with his big boy backpack and car lunch box. I can't believe he is so big! When did this happen?
Josh LOVES his new lunch box that I purchased at FAO Schwartz in New York. I thought he would be all cool and unique, but turns out they sell them at Nordstrom 2 miles away from my house.

I hear that Josh thoroughly enjoyed this ball popper toy for several hours!

It made me happy to see he missed me! He almost jumped out the window into my arms when I picked him up!

I had a little treat in the form of a school bus balloon for him when he got home. He says "bus" with a cute, yet mild lisp.

"I think I can squeeze in a play date between 10 and 11 am on Tuesday. I'll get my people to call and confirm."

Now that his schedule is packed with classes, essays, math problems, and science projects, he has to have both hands free to get things done. Good thing he can use his Bluetooth to talk on the phone!

On Friday, we attended our first MOPS event at an amazingly cool playground. I was able to meet lots of new friends and Josh was able to burn off some of his energy running and playing.

Katie taught Josh how to play Ring Around the Rosy. Neither of them liked the "we all fall down" part because of the grass, but it was cute seeing them play together.

Josh is obsessed with two things in life, cars and his "tar." He loves playing his guitar and he loves listening to songs that feature the guitar. He must get this from his Pa. I think it is great, I would love for Josh to be as musical as my in-laws. However, there is a down-side.... he LOVES country twang music. ICK! I hate country. This week, he has been loving the Dixie Chicks song, "White Trash Wedding." I actually can tolerate the Dixie Chicks for the most part, but this particular song is a bit too much for me. Here are a few lyrics that will sum up the song....

Baby's on its way
Say I do and kiss me quick
'Cause baby's on its way.
I shouldn't be wearing white and you can't afford no ring.
Not exactly what I want to teach my son to strive for. What ever happened to Old McDonald?


Getting all cleaned up and ready for the next week of fun!

Have a great week!


3 comments:

Sara Carolina said...

You need to frame that bath picture - it is awesome.

Nicole said...

super cute! such a smart little man.

Tricia said...

Yeah Josh! The Dixie Chicks rule!!! Matt likes to jam to the country twang, too. I think it's in their blood, Al, and there's no way to get rid of it.