Granee and Pa visited us this weekend and we all had a fabulous time. We didn't do too much, but who needs outside entertainment when you have a energetic toddler stealing the show? Josh was in rare form for his grandparents. He pulled out all of his cute moves, including hopping, dancing, playing his instruments (harmonica and the ever fabulous air guitar), and of course showing off all of his new words. He adds new words to his vocabulary everyday and it always takes me by surprise when a new one pops out. Today it was "punkin," which makes sense since my house now looks like a pumpkin farm threw up all over the place. That's right, I broke out all the fall decor and it is getting me so excited for... Halloween? No!!! Thanksgiving?- No!!!! Christmas!!!! Yes!!!!
Josh loves his daddy's "BaBall" as he calls it. Actually, any sport with a ball that can be seen on ESPN is called a "baball" - golf, hockey, volleyball, basketball- pretty much anything gets the same excited response.
We took Josh and the rest of the family to the park on Saturday. Josh had fun hanging out with Mark Twain. Instead of sharing the wonderful adventures of Huck Finn with the famous author, Josh thought it would be better to pick the poor man's nose. He is so cultured, isn't he?
The other day, I got a random phone call from a store in my neighborhood telling me I won a drawing! I told the nice lady, "You must have the wrong number, I never win anything!" But, sure enough, I picked up my fabulous Vera Bradley prize this weekend and it was wrapped all special and pretty with my name on it!!! Here is my new fun purse with matching wallet! Score!!!
Due to an EXTREMELY disastrous dog-related incident, we had to do a little redecorating in our family room. Part of that included placing this ottoman next to Josh's toy box. Well, well, well... who would have known?? He is now spending hours on end playing "parking lot" and "race track" with his cars on this ottoman. He has been having so much fun lining up his cars and then swiftly crashing them together with such force it gets me running. Since Josh has been occupying himself, I have had lots of time to do some fun "Alison" things.....
I have been making these fun flower clips for my Guinea-pig/ "rental daughter," Katie. Now that she has long hair, her mom has had fun matching her clips with all her cute outfits. I don't think Chris would appreciate me making clips for Josh's hair, so sadly, I have to borrow my friend's kids. I wasn't going to post this picture until later, since I may be spoiling a (very belated) birthday present for a certain little girl that I love, but I just couldn't contain my excitement over my new craft! I love them, and I wish it were appropriate for me to wear them myself.


Okay, fellow scrapbookers... you asked, so here you go!
These are a few pages I have competed lately for Josh's second scrapbook. I know most blog readers are way to cool to scrapbook, but you can just continue to scroll down and pretend you never saw a thing!
Last week, I had a lot of baking to do. My little man was happy to lend a hand, especially after I let him taste some of the cookie batter. Now, every time my Kitchen Aid mixer is on, he comes running into the kitchen in hopes of a taste. Oops.
Have a terrfic week everyone!
2 comments:
has mini learned the magic of yummy sugar cookies? seems like he has a sweet tooth, just like someone else i know...
You can't just leave your dedicated readers hanging like that...we have to know the details on the dog incident! I mean, come on, you had to replace furniture here, there has to be a good story behind that:)
Great bows, but be strong b/c I can speak from experience that you will get a few looks if you break down and wear them yourself. Brooke has a low tolerance for bows but really needs them these days...usually if I can convince her to wear one, she assigns multiple bows to me to wear at the same time. And of course they are in colors that I would not typically coordinate in my wardrobe, like green with orange or purple.
Post a Comment