Saturday, March 15, 2008

Squeak, Squeak

One of the primary reasons I keep up with this silly blog is to record all the memories I wish I could capture in a bottle and keep forever. Those moments come daily in our house, but some are more precious than others. Yesterday, we had a moment. It was 90 degrees and beautiful outside. When Josh woke up from his afternoon nap, I thought we should go for a fun walk to the park and enjoy the day. I remembered the wonderful sandals that Granee got Josh last year. They were too big last year, but maybe they would fit now?!?! Sure enough, they did! I put them on his chubby feet and set him down on the ground. Only I had forgot... the sandals have a built-in squeaker in the soles! It was SOO SOOOO funny! Josh was off and his feet were squeaking with every step! He LOVED it! He was stomping up and down and looking at his feet and laughing hysterically. He was turning in circles and bouncing all over the place! Of course, that made me laugh until I almost fainted. I ran (literally- across the house) to grab the video camera. Thank God for video cameras! I was lucky to catch Josh in action so I can share it with Chris and Granee. Those sandals are the BEST. Not only do they make both of us laugh, but I can now strap on the sandals and I will always know where my little guy is in the house. Very useful!

Today, another memory and more perfect weather. Josh and I hung out on the hammock and ate lunch outside with the dogs. He has been very good while I have been getting the house ready for our St. Patrick's Day Party tonight. He loves all the balloons and shamrocks hanging everywhere! Stay tuned for pictures!

Here is Mr. Squeak in mid-bounce.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alison..I am Michelle Garner's friend from MN. I read your blog daily and love it! You are so creative and Josh is SO super cute...anyhow, I have a 16 mo old daughter. Wondering the brand name of the "squeak" sandals. Thinking they would be a hit at the Baarts house! Thanks so much! Keep blogging! I'm reading! Take Care! Carri :)
If you want to just email me, my address is cbaarts@frontiernet.net.
Thanks! Enjoy your 90 degree weather...sigh...I can't imagine, still in the 20's here!! :(