Josh has a new game to play during meals. He feeds my begging dogs behind my back!! Can you believe it?!?! A few months ago, Josh would eat, and eat, and eat anything and everything in front of him. Now, I can barely get him to take a bite! It is quite frustrating to waste so much food. He obviously doesn't know about the hungry people in Africa. Oh, but he will be hearing about them soon! So, as you can see above, Josh likes to offer his food to Murphy. He giggles as he hands her some of his food. Then, as soon as Murphy takes the food from him, Josh cries and looks at me like, " Oh my gosh! Did you see what Murphy just did????"
I love you Josh, but I have to side with Murphy on this one.
Yesterday, Josh finally spoke a language I actually understand! We have been anxiously waiting for Josh's first word. He is always talking, but not a language anyone in this house understands. He says Mama, Dada, MeMe, etc. but we aren't sure if he means what he is saying yet. But, yesterday he walked up to an electrical outlet, hovered is hand right in front of it, looked at me, shook his head and said "No, no, no." I said, "You are right, that is a No, no, no." I guess I say "NO" more than I intend to. "They" (smart people who write books and articles) say you shouldn't say "No" to your child too much. Obviously, I am doing a GREAT job of that!! So, I guess Josh's first word is "NO". That is kind of embarrassing, so I may conveniently forget this whole thing and write in his baby book that his first word was "Mama," or something fabulous like that.
Later in the day I gave Josh one of those snack cups with a fancy lid that prevents the Cheerios from falling out when the cup is turned upside down. For some reason, this lid doesn't work for my child. Josh was walking all of the house with his snack cup leaving droppings of Cheerios along the way. The dogs were LOVING IT! They were at his heels "cleaning up" Josh's mess. As soon as Josh realized the dogs were eating his Cheerios he busted out a seriously loud and whiny "NO, NO, NO!!!" It was a sight to see.
This picture makes Jackson's head look bigger than Josh's entire body! He really isn't THAT big, but it sure is funny. Jackson could usually care less about Josh, but if he has that snack cup in his hand, Jackson is all about hanging out with Josh.
While I was taking pictures of Jackson eating Josh's snacks I turn around and here comes Murphy with my scrub pants in her mouth. Some days it feels like I have THREE toddlers in this house!!!!
2 comments:
Nice St. Patty's celebration and nice entry. All very interesting facts. Josh is the cutest. I love the picture of him feeding the dogs. You can tell it brings him great joy.
I enjoy your blog so much...always makes me smile :) Raegan feeds my dog Sayde all the time. Meals are the only time Sayde wants to be her best friend.
Post a Comment