Monday, March 3, 2008

Quick update




#1. It is snowing right now. I love it. Yesterday it was 78 degrees and we were playing outside in our T-shirts and tonight it is 34 degrees and snowing. No wonder we keep getting sick.

It cracks me up that every time it freezes in this city, the news reporters camp out on bridges and overpasses WAITING for wrecks to occur. That is so wrong.

#2. Jackson's biopsy results are finally back and it is GOOD news! We had an appointment with the fancy pants Vet that I previous told you all about. When I asked him what the results were this is what he said...

"The microscopic findings were consistent with a FIBROLIPOMA. Sections of the examined mass consisted of numerous adipocytes intermingled with bundles of mature collagen. The adipocytes had abundant clear cytoplasm and eccentrci nuclei, however, no mitotic figures. "

Huh?
Did he just say Nuclei????
Vivid flashback to a 1996 UT microbiology lecture- Gag.


It wasn't until I got it on paper that I could understand what was really going on. Basically, it is a benign mass that has muscle fibers growing through it and that is why it was so concerning to Dr. McFancyPants.
Prognosis : Good.

#3. I don't believe I have ever had leftover Snickers. I have had several people leave me comments and emails regarding my previous post. I did not write that ludicrous sentence, nor would I EVER condone such craziness as LEFT OVER SNICKERS in my house. These people are obviously nuts.

#4. Girl Scott cookie season is delightful.

#5. Josh has FOUR teeth making there way into his tiny mouth. Not so delightful.

#6. There is help for those parents of anti-veggie eating kids (like mine). Aunt Pickles sent me a link to this new FABULOUSLY hilarious product. Frozen Pickle Pops. That's right. A frozen pickle made into a Popsicle. How Aunt Pickles found this website, I do not know. But I love their cartoon logos (esp. the Nurse Pickle).

The link to hear the song doesn't work, I just wanted you to see the funny dancing pickles.




Time to go make some hot coco. Yummm. Hope you all stay warm and safe.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Now, I need my minibaby-loving friends to know that the picklesickles are in fact *pickle juice* pops. That's right: for all those whose mother caught them drinking from the pickle jar as children (me=guilty), these are for you. I am mailordering some shortly and will pass along the verdict.

So glad about Jackson. And I must hear more about mb's teef and "wheels on the bus" developments. Miss you all! xoxoxoxo

Nicole said...

A minor correction: Aunt Devon (of Keep Austin Weird onesie fame) is the original source of the picklesickle website. Saw them in Central Market and did a double take.