Fun spring weekend!
The kids stayed home with Chris while I went out of town for 24 hours to cheer on my friend who was completing an IronMan Triathlon Cool Daddy took the kids to the zoo for the day!
They played cards out front.
And Emily took an almost 3 hour nap.
Only for Daddy. That would NEVER happen with me.

Here she is coming into the finish line chute.
There is no way to describe how amazing watching this race is. Not only are the athletes a treat to watch, but observing all the athlete's family and friends cheer them on and cry tears of joy as their loved one finished was remarkable. A beautiful side of humanity.
Speaking of beautiful!
This woman just swam 2.4 miles, then rode her bike for 112 miles, AND just to TOP that off, she ran a FULL marathon (26.2 miles).
Total time 15 hours of NON STOP exercise and pushing herself to her absolute limit.
AND SHE IS STILL SMILING!
Emily and the girl next door (literally) at her 2nd birthday party.
Josh and his sweet friend walking home from school and stopping to smell the flowers.
The hit that won him a triple and the game ball!
Way to go, Josh!!!!
My view on a gorgeous afternoon.
Singing songs with her baby dolls.
This is just a shot that makes me realize how big Emily has become.
In and out of the door at Chick Fil A playing and making new friends on her own.
Shoeless in a fast food restaurant.
I know, I know.
Gross.
Me and my sweetie.
Last day of Preschool!
She would not smile for me. She was super bummed about it being the last day of school.
She loves her little friends in her class. She knows them each by name and I think she even has a little crush on a cutie named Miles. Every time she says his name, she giggles and hides her face!
Like brother like sister.
My favorite Emily sayings this week...
"I no more Boppers" (Diapers )
"Come me, Let's go!"
"Hey Mommy!!! I have idea.... (followed by a very long paragraph of words completely unintelligible)."
"I put on my baby suit!" (bathing suit).
And just to brighten your day, a few performances...












2 comments:
great blog this friday....you all got so much into the week. MeMe
That girl is ready for college!
Post a Comment