Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Day of school


This is what Preschool looks like.
Josh's first ever 1st day of school photo in 2009

This is what 1st grade looks like. 


He was so excited to start school again, that he ran to school. 
Mommy and Daddy kept yelling, "Wait for us!!!" 
But, he just couldn't!

Of course, I had to spend the morning taking pictures
of the two cutest kids on the block! 
Emily didn't share the same first day of school, but 
I had to get her all dolled up in her 
first day of school dress for the camera's benefit. 


It seems like yesterday we walked Josh to school for the first day of Kindergarten.
Emily was just a baby and Josh was a ball of excited nerves. 
This year, Josh was all smiles and was greeted at the door 
by friends and teachers who welcomed him by name. 



And this year, Emily climbed right up into Josh's seat and waved 
"Bye-Bye" to him, like she was the one who would be staying the day. 
I'm sure Josh's sweet teacher appreciated that I took Emily with me for the day.

Josh adores his sweet new teacher. She seems patient and kind to each child in the class.
I don't know how teachers do it, but I really feel like we got blessed with another
fabulous teacher this year. 


Well, you know I love a good tradition. 
Seems that Erin and I have created a new one of taking our little girls
to lunch while the big kids enjoy their first day of school. 
Last year, Erin and I were tearful and bundles of nerves awaiting our 
new kindergarteners arrival home. 
But, this year, we were actually taking in the 
relaxing afternoon of having one kid instead of two. 
What a difference a year can make!


After school, pretty much the entire school went to Bram's for ice cream.
It was 5,000 degrees, but the kids had a blast celebrating 
the completion of their first day of school. 





Emily's turn!
Sweet baby girl, she is getting so big! 
She looks like a different child to me!
On the left, Emily at 9 months looks like Baby Josh in a headband.
On the right, Emily at 21 months and looks like her own little sweet person. 


And, without even a tear or a fuss, Emily walked straight into her new classroom
and started playing with her new friends. 


Walking to the car after a fun and successful day at school.

Operation Back to School 2013 = Great success on all accounts! 


2 comments:

Erin said...

oh my goodness!! I can't believe how much Emily has grown up this year!! And when I think of Josh in my head, I still see the "2009 Preschool Josh". Who is that enormous 1st grader?? Please don't tell me my child is that big, too? :)

Nicole said...

Baby Josh in a headband. My thoughts exactly. I LOVE YOUS!