
We have had lots to celebrate over the past couple of weeks. For starters, I was treated to a two week birthday this year. I don't know what I did to deserve that goodness, but it was a fun two weeks! Chris planned a nice little surprise birthday party for me at the pool. I thought it was just a coincidence that all my favorite people kept showing up. You can't have a pool party without a ice cream cake. Yummy!!!
Peas in a Pod running wild around the pool while the smart adults ate all the ice cream cake!
Erin and I have birthdays a week apart, so we decided what we REALLY wanted for our birthday was a ladies night with the girls we love. Much to our husbands' chagrin, we planned a night of wine, pizza, and sweets at a wine bar down the road- no boys allowed.
I couldn't ask for a better birthday buddy to celebrate with!
The next celebration was great indeed- my dad's "non-retirement retirement party." It was called this because two days before the party, he was at the office working for 14 hours. Geesh. That retirement lasted a long time. Who does he think he is, a famous football player or something? BUT, he promises he REALLY is retiring, he is just weaning out slowly. My dad is a man of integrity, so I believe him. But that didn't stop me from warning him we would take away his retirement gift if he broke his promise. Regardless, we had a great dinner with some very special people in my dad's life. I heard some remarkably fabulous things about my dad and some funny stories as well.

Uncle Phil even made the trip to Texas to celebrate with us! What a treat! Josh took an extra long nap, so I allowed him to come with Dad and me to pick Phil up at the airport. Good thing Josh was there to hold up his sign; we may never have picked out the ridiculously tall New Yorker wearing all black long pants and shirt in the middle of a record breaking Texas heat wave!
I do my best to make fun of this big dork, but in all honesty, it made my month getting to see my goofy big brother. Such a treat.

Josh loved playing with Phil's iPad Uncle Phil as well. First thing Josh did on Monday morning when we got home was tell his buddies at the gym all about seeing Phil's iPadUncle Phil. Josh said he can't wait until Christmas when he gets to see Phil's iPadUncle Phil again. He said his favorite part of being in our family is Phil's iPadUncle Phil.
Such a great relationship those two have developed.
Josh and I headed down a day early so we could have MeMe and Barn all to ourselves. We played at the pool and splash park and had a great time playing Legos with Barn and reading MeMe's books. It was a relaxing day which is just what we needed!
I love this shot of all the boys floating along the lazy river. On Saturday we had a great time spending the day at the pool and enjoying poolside drink service (or at least some of us got to enjoy it) and watching Josh have fun in the water. What a perfect day with my 4 favorite guys and a great weekend with my family!
I can't believe it's already August! July flew by in a blink. We are looking forward to a relaxing month before the madness of school begins. Before I know it, it will be December and this blog will have A LOT more to talk about.
1 comment:
I chuckled through this whole post-- you Ryan-Browns are the best! Sounds like Pickles needs to get an ipad to keep mb's attention squarely focused on his other favorite pseudo-New-Yorker, ahem.
Post a Comment