Monday, July 11, 2011

Josh has something to tell you...



Oh yes, things are a changin' round here. We learned on Friday that this little peanut is a girl! Not a doubt in the doctor's mind, it's time to paint the room and buy some frills.

We are thrilled. We both cried a bit and are still in disbelief. But, no one is more excited that it's a girl than Josh. He made NO secret that all he wanted was a baby sister. He told everyone who would listen. We, of course, would have been happy with another boy, but, I am so glad I didn't have to have tell Josh he wasn't having a baby sister. And, although we didn't plan on having 5 years between the two, I will say, it is SUPER fun getting to experience this new life with Josh. He really understands what is happening. He loved getting to hear what his baby sister's name would be (even though he insists, over and over, her name is Molly, he does love Emily) and watching the sonogram dvd on TV as we pointed out her little toes moving and her opening her mouth. He was in awe. It was sweet.


Approximately 2.5 hours after learning the sex of the baby, Aunt Pickles and I were hitting the stores for girly dresses. I am going to be in big trouble with this one. Why are girl things so darn cute?????

So, that is our big news of the week. I honestly haven't stopped smiling for days. We are so blessed. So, so blessed.

6 comments:

Erin B said...

hold on - does he say "I'm going to have a baby sister and another baby sister??" i think he is seeing into the future a bit. Browns, family of 5. :)

Tricia said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!! SO EXCITED! Seriously. Can't wait to meet Miss Emily. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Al: You better start saving your dollars for all this beautiful little girls clothes. And, then, there's the wedding dress!
I am so happy for you, Chris and Josh. But, keep yourself rested and safe, and I'll keep lighting the candles.
ily, Mom

sarah from the suburbs said...

Congrats, Alison! So, so exciting! Girls are just so much fun and EASY! (well, at least before puberty kicks in) ha! Have fun shopping! :)

believe it or not...it's just me said...

So very excited for you!!! I worked the day of your sono so I heard the exciting news--- i was just waiting for your post to share your congrats!!!

Phil said...

So all the newborn girls in New York are wearing Manolo Blahnik 6" heels this season. I'll make sure I have those lined up when next I am in town. Emily will be like a size 1/4 right?

Congrats Al. So awesome.