Thursday, April 21, 2011

Lots to do. Lots to do.


Our family to-do list has been immense and seems to keep growing.
Here are some things we have checked off in the past two weeks.


Josh's list.
Status: (Mostly) complete.

1. March 5 miles for all the precious premature babies of the world and the research that keeps my job interesting and demanding.
Done! Josh and I marched our way along the lake with 10,000 other March of Dimes supporters. We met some of my past patients and saw lots of friends. It was a great morning and Josh had fun tagging along with mommy and being part of a "race" and not just cheering from the sidelines.


2. Polish off those old Disney Cars characters in anticipation for Cars 2 coming to theaters in June.
Josh is extremely excited. Every time we pass the movie theater he says, "That's where I'll be seeing Cars 2 in June, oh yes it is!!!"

3. Practice makes perfect.
Josh is working hard perfecting this letters and words. We have used the following writing utensils during our practice sessions:
  • Pencil
  • Crayon
  • Marker
  • Chalk
  • Lipstick
  • Pudding
  • Ice Cubes
  • Cheerios
  • His fingertip on my iPod
  • Carrot sticks in ranch- that was a messy one
4. Work on our balancing coordination.

Oh wow, Cool! That building is as tall as Josh!

5. Let's go fly a kite!
Thanks to all the windy days, we have had fun flying Josh's new Toy Story kite from our sweet friend, Scarlet. Josh gets so excited to see Buzz flying in the sky. He says, "Look, Buzz is falling with style!!!!" (That's a quote from the movie for you non-Toy Story experts).


Mommy's List.
Status: Mostly complete.

1. Run a super fun half with a few of my favorite running girls.

Done!

2. Enjoy some kid-free girl time with my mommy friends.

Massages, drinks, night at a fancy hotel and laying out by the pool. Works for me. I wish I could keep this one on my to-do list.

3. Update the blog


Currently in progress.


4. Re-do our blah laundry room for under $100.
This is a before picture, but you will have to wait and see after pictures. My camera battery is d.e.a.d. and because of to-do list item #3, I choose to forgo the after shot for now.

Chris' To-Do List
Status: Ongoing

1. Train for the Shiner Texas ONE HUNDRED mile bike ride.
Although he just signed up a week ago, he is getting up there in the mileage. He says he is doing this ride for the challenge, for the health benefits, and for fun. I think he's doing it for the beer at the finish line in Shiner, Texas.

2. Start a new job!
Done! Chris started at a new firm and is doing great. I am hoping he looks a little happier than this fellow while sitting at his new fancy desk. I also hope he doesn't wear that tie. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to go to Chris' new office to take a candid shot of him working on his briefs (hee hee, it always makes me giggle to say that), so we have to settle with this sad, unhappy Internet caricature. So far, I have heard Chris enjoys the Starbucks served at the office, the Chick- Fil- A and Potbelly located in his building, and the fact he can still go eat with his lunch buddies, Brent and Caleb. Priorities, people. The man has his priorities.

Don't worry, we have been working hard, but we have had fun too! Just to prove it, here are my favorite pictures from Josh's Rodeo Day at school.

William and Josh having a imaginary horse race.


This one... I'm not sure what's happening here.


"Hot dogs?!?!?! For Lunch!?!?!?!
This day can't get any better!!!"


Yee Haw, y'all!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Briefs. (giggle)

Do tell me more about the enormously large belt buckle Josh is sporting for Western day! He looks ridiculously cute, and quite natural I might add, as a cowboy. Uh-oh. Can cowboys march in the band?

Nicole said...

Glad to see you all are full steam ahead with summer lists. And can't wait to see the completed laundry room! (It was the second-most-likely place in your house where I might be located, historically speaking.)