Sunday, April 10, 2011

Growing like a wild flower.


Q: How are Josh and bluebonnets similar?
A: They both grow like weeds. They both require sunshine and water to prosper. They both detest being stepped on by big people. And, they both make you smile with joy when you see them bloom.
Just stop. Look at this handsome face, will you???
We made our annual trip to the Arboretum for pictures with the spring flowers. We go to the Arboretum a couple days a week now that the weather is absolute perfection. However, this Arboretum visit we traded in the Spiderman T-Shirt and jeans for a nice crisp button-down. We even busted out a BELT!
Oh yes, we were getting fancy.

Every year, I love to go back and look at Josh's Spring pictures, just to see how he has changed from year to year.

2007

2008

2009

2010

2011

If you know Josh, you may wonder how I was able to get this little man to sit still and smile on command.

Look closely and you will find my dirty little secret.
Jelly Beans.
Work like a charm.

"I'm Prince Joshua, guarding my castle from the evil forces!!!"
Josh had so much fun acting out scenes from his favorite pretend movie in this recreated castle.
You know, the one where Beauty and the Beast get attacked by Darth Vader and his evil forces?

Out of the 200+ snap shots I took during our visit to the Arboretum, this is my favorite.
This is Josh.
His personality is jumping out of this picture. From the squinty little eyes to the sideways lean as he says, "cheese!!!" What you can't see is Josh knocking me down to the grass as soon as I said, "OK, we're done" after I took this picture. Also, very "Josh-like," was him trying to give my thigh a zerbert in front of about 20
on-lookers.


4 comments:

Phil said...

Nice shots al. Just so you know, I am fed jelly beans at my office as well. It's the only way my boss gets me to get anything done. On particularly hard days they revert to swedish fish which should pretty much be listed as a controlled substance they are so addictive. Happy spring. 75 degrees in Philadelphia today!

Anonymous said...

who would have thought Handsome Josh would turn into Handsomer Josh!
Super photos...Al, you're a great photographer.
MeMe

Erin said...

A.Dorable. That is one cute kid. And, from the pictures of him growing up, I have realized that my mind must be frozen in time in 2008. That is what he looks like when I think of him. How did he get so big????

Nicole said...

I want a 85x100 inch print of that last one. I'm sure Costco makes them.