Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Spring Break 2011 was a great one and truly was a break for all of us! Josh got to venture to Granee and Pa's house for FIVE days... all by himself. He had so much fun and told almost every person within a mile how he got to spend the night away for FIVE whole days!! Josh even got to hang out with his little friend, Laken, while in Wimberly. She is the granddaughter of Gayle's best friend, so you can imagine these two were spoiled rotten by their grandmothers all week long. Here they are preparing to be on the Elementary Chess Team.
Dinosaurs!!!

Don't worry, Laken, if you giggle loud enough, it won't hurt us. Cooking S'mores by a fire. I hear Pa also set up an outdoor movie for Josh to watch under the stars. How cool is that? Josh spoke of Pa setting up a big white cloth and a "protector," which I assume is a "projector" to watch Thomas the Train.
Lucky for Josh, Uncle Tim and Melissa came in town to visit and add to the adventure in the country. The boys went fishing and Pa caught a fish!
Granee found this wonderful park to visit called the Music Park, which was a perfect place for my musically inclined and super energetic boy.
I hear there were lots of snuggles with Laken. However, they are more cousins than girlfriend/boyfriend. All these pretend cousins... we will take what we can get for now.

Chris and I met Granee and Pa on Sunday for "The Great Spring Break Kid Return of 2011." I was SO SO SO ready to get that boy in my arms. I missed him very much. Chris and I had a fabulous time reliving our pre-kid days, however. Staying out until 1am, going to movies, sleeping in, dinner, drinks with friends. It was a fun week. But, we were ready to get Josh back home and hear his little footsteps every morning as he runs into our bedroom.

After giving us a hug each, the first thing Josh asked for was "my friends to come to my house." So, the next day, we had a very impromptu kid-friendly St. Patrick's Day party. The house was still in shambles from the real party, so it was a perfect time!

I love this picture of the kids huddled together on the top bunk. They look so big and happy together. Makes me smile.

To finish off an excellent, adventure-packed Spring Break, we sent the boys to Zoo Camp for the day. I believe they had a great time. Josh came home smelling like a sweaty boy who had been to the zoo all day. Let's just say, he didn't smell like roses, friends. I didn't get much information out of him, just that he saw animals and learned about bird houses. Humm?

And, now it's back to the grind stone, as my dad would say.

Next big break... Summer vacation.

Oh yes.

Big it on.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Great job, mb! Camp Granee 'n Paw seems to be just the ticket. And birdhouses... this sounds like a Pickles project waiting to happen! xoxo