Monday, June 28, 2010

T.O.Y. Story


The first word Josh learned how to spell was T.O.Y. If you have seen his t.o.y. room, you may understand the reason this is such an important word for him. I wish I could say that he is naturally gifted in the spelling department, but he is MY son, so we know that is not genetically possible. Rather, he learned to spell "t.o.y." from Woody in Toy Story. I was thrilled the first time he spelled (around a year ago), but then figured out he was merely quoting a movie line. I was a bit deflated, but it still serves as an impressive party trick. And I will still be using it, at least until he is five.

Josh's new Toy Story sunglasses, compliments of Mrs. Sara.
Super Cool, Yo.

Unless you live under a rock, you know that Toy Story 3 just came out. Have you also noticed that EVERYTHING is Toy Story? Toothbrushes, cookies, sodas, laundry detergent, Popsicles, diapers, crackers, clothing, bedding, spoons, band-aids, flip flops, markers, boxes of apples, and even soup cans are all adorned with Buzz Lightyear and Woody. Walking through the grocery store with Josh is like playing an evil game of Frogger. I spend the entire time dodging the aisles with Toy Story products. And just when I think I am safe on the
"Cleaning products and Garbage Bags" aisle...
BANG!!!
Toy Story Ziploc Bags!!!
Dang you, Pixar!!!
Josh proudly modeling his Toy Story bathing attire.

In one day, I could get Josh out of his Toy Story bed, serve him Toy Story breakfast bars, brush his teeth with a Toy Story toothbrush, put him in his Toy Story flip flops, which will definitely make him trip and skin his knee. Then I can place a Toy Story band-aid on his knee and give him a Toy Story Popsicle to make him feel better. If it's hot out, we can play in the pool with his Toy Story diving toys and dry off his Toy Story swim suit with his Toy Story towel. If it's raining, we can color in a 500 page book of pictures from Toy Story 3 using Toy Story crayons. Maybe I will send the picture to his grandmother using Toy Story cards with matching Toy Story envelopes and then secure it with a nice Toy Story sticker. Josh can read his Toy Story magazine while sitting on his Toy Story potty seat in his "office," all the while admiring his Toy Story big boy undies and Buzzlight Year T Shirt. While Josh is listening to "You've Got A Friend in Me" (the Toy Story theme song) on my iPod and playing the Toy Story Game App, I will be busy in the kitchen making Toy Story themed chicken spaghetti for dinner using my Toy Story cream of chicken soup can. Which I will serve on, what else?
A Toy Story plate.


Needless to say, we had reserved our seat for Toy Story 3 in advance and saw it on opening weekend. It was great. Josh set his PR (personal record) for time sitting still in one spot and was able to focus on the entire movie. Chris and I enjoyed it as well. I cried. Whatever, make fun of me if you will, but it is the end of a era and the thought of Andy going to college made me tear up. Maybe because it is sad to think of Josh going off to college (a.k.a:UT) someday, or maybe because it made me feel VERY old.
I'm not sure.

I gotta say, I am not a fan of this new 3D obsession. I know it is super cool to watch, but first of all, I don't like wearing glasses for 2 hours, and secondly, I really don't like sharing them with goodness who knows. Josh agrees and didn't wear his 3D glasses for very long at all. But he didn't seem to be bothered at all by the 2D distortion.

It's a cute movie.
Go see it.
And feel free to take Josh with you, he'll love you for life.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Send this particular blog to Pixar...they may just give you a lifetime supply of "Toy Story" items!

MeMe