It is soooo on, friends. We are in full holiday-mode. The Christmas cards have arrived, the hot cocoa has been mixed, the holiday playlist is on repeat, the advent calendar has been filled with treats, the perfect tree has been decorated, the lights have been strung, the stockings have been hung with care, and the Dickens villagers have been released from their boxed captivity. Christmas is in full swing at our house. Watch out.
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree!
When we put this Santa hat on Josh, he spun around in a circle and said...
"I am Santa. I come in Peace."
No, I am not kidding you. Chris and I almost fell over we were laughing so hard. We finally figured out he got this phrase from Toy Story... "I am Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace." Oh my, y'all. It was one of the funniest things he has EVER done. These are the times I wish we had constant video monitoring of all the events at our house.

To set the mood, Mother Nature treated us to a little snow flurry this week. This was also the day that Josh decided to rebel against all form of clothing and spent most of the morning running around the house in the buff.
Chris did a great job putting up the lights. I MAY be somewhat of a perfectionist/drill sergeant when it comes to the decorating, but I do appreciate Chris taking over the outdoors while I am warm inside with a cup of hot cocoa.
Chris took the job of "trimming the tree" a bit too serious this year.
The Dickens Village is my FAVORITE part of Christmas decorating. Read my little story about the village HERE. Seemingly, Josh is loving the magical Christmas village as much as I did as a child. He sat and inspected it for a 10 minutes the other day. For Josh, focusing on something for 10 minutes must mean it is quite amazingly awesome.
The abundant decorations taking over our house...
Five years of Christmas cards as our little family has grown.
This sweet face of joy and wonder is the reason I spend three straight days transforming our home into a magical Christmas wonderland.
Completely worth it.



6 comments:
"I come in peace" just made me scream-- I think the people in the next hotel room are wondering what's happening in here. Way to get your Christmas on, Browns! Now all that remains is a ritual viewing of _White Christmas_ and all will be perfection!
Yes, Christmas is the most special time of the year! I rem. the Dickens village all lit up, and 3' of snow outside...Christmas in Colorado is something else.
Looking forward to seeing you all for the marathon. Josh looks like the "Elf on a shelf"
MeMe
It's beautiful Clark! You are quite the exterior lighting specialist! Y'all are something else, the Brown home looks great! Don't OD on cocoa!!! Love y'all!
It's not over-the-top-awesome Chris-mas until someone uses a power tool...inside...on a tree. Outstanding.
stj
Holy cow that's a lot of red candles. I can't believe Josh still has eyebrows.
Can't wait to see you guys.
Al tells me people have been questioning the integrity of the "tree trimming" photo. In response, I only have this to say for myself: I am neither proud of what I have done nor what I am doing, but that tree was a monster ("But we're not putting the tree in the yard, Russ.") and had to be carefully scaled back to even come close to fitting in our living room.
Post a Comment